i get intense stomach pains and a racing heart after eating

Options
i get intense stomach pains and a racing heart after eating eggs...
i know that the whole cholestorol thing is myth, so what else could be wrong??

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    First off, what are you eating? Is it with everything you eat? This could be external to your weightloss, possibly a GI problem that you may need to contact your doctor about
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    First off, what are you eating? Is it with everything you eat? This could be external to your weightloss, possibly a GI problem that you may need to contact your doctor about

Oh sorry it was supposed to say *eggs* at the end but I guess it must of got cut off....
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are not tolerating something that you are eating. I would keep a food diary and note times of when you eat and when you get the stomach pains etc and go and see your doctor. It may be something as simple as anxiety over what you are eating or it may be a food intolerance or something. Either way a diary and seeing your doctor is probably your best bet.
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Have you tried qunioa. It's really easy to digest. You cook it like rice. But it needs something to flavor it like lemon juice or tomato soup. I use raisins or blueberries at times. It's usually found in the cereal isle. Very nutritious. If your not sure, ask your doctor.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Girl, why are you eating 2-3 eggs a day if you have an issue with cholesterol!!??
    You (or really, most people) shouldn't be having more than 2-3 per week!

What do you mean "I know the whole cholesterol thing is a myth"!?
  • _Ben
    Options
    So its only eggs? If so, and nothing else, there is probably a protien or nutrient you are having problems digesting. Eggs are high in cholesterol, and if you are not maintaining a proper diet/exercise, this could be that you are potentially clogging your arteries, but it really shouldnt be an immediate thing. A very important thing to ask is HOW are you eating your eggs? Especially if its a protein problem, proteinds become denatured when cooked, and when cooled resettle in a different combination. This could be potentially causing problems
  • emma1488
    Options
    Maybe you should stop eating eggs... you may have an intolerance ?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Girl, why are you eating 2-3 eggs a day if you have an issue with cholesterol!!??
    You (or really, most people) shouldn't be having more than 2-3 per week!

What do you mean "I know the whole cholesterol thing is a myth"!?

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-eggs.html
    http://nutrition.about.com/od/askyournutritionist/f/eggs_protein.htm
    http://toolstolife.com/articles/Breaking-the-Egg-Myth-Does-It-Raise-Cholesterol-202
    http://drmirkin.blogspot.com/2008/04/eggs-do-not-raise-cholesterol.html
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    So its only eggs? If so, and nothing else, there is probably a protien or nutrient you are having problems digesting. Eggs are high in cholesterol, and if you are not maintaining a proper diet/exercise, this could be that you are potentially clogging your arteries, but it really shouldnt be an immediate thing. A very important thing to ask is HOW are you eating your eggs? Especially if its a protein problem, proteinds become denatured when cooked, and when cooled resettle in a different combination. This could be potentially causing problems

I am trying my hardest to maintain a proper diet/exercise. You can check my diary if you'd like.
    I usually boil them?
  • _Ben
    Options
    Milk is very healthy too, that doesnt mean if you are lactose intolerant that you should keep drinking it. As I said, how are you cooking your eggs
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Milk is very healthy too, that doesnt mean if you are lactose intolerant that you should keep drinking it. As I said, how are you cooking your eggs

I boil them, in water in a pan on the stove for 10-15 minutes til they are fully boiled?
  • _Ben
    Options
    Is this a recent issue? Have you always eaten eggs and never had a problem? Or have you recently began eating eggs
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    allergy
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Is this a recent issue? Have you always eaten eggs and never had a problem? Or have you recently began eating eggs

I only recently begun eating them really.
  • _Ben
    Options

I only recently begun eating them really.

As the previous poster said, its pretty apparent you have an allergy to eggs. Its not severe, because Im assuming you have eaten cakes, bread, and other products made with eggs without having these problems. You need to stop eating the eggs immediately, and talk to your doctor.

Potentially there are other things it could be, but really, sounds like an allergy. Also allergies can appear at any stage or age of your life, just letting you know.
  • emma1488
    Options

I am trying my hardest to maintain a proper diet/exercise.

You really need to add more plants into your diet. I had a look at your diary and its mostly meat, cheese, eggs and processed carbs. I am not having a go at you, but I would suggest cutting down on the cheese and obviously the eggs if they're making you feel that way. You should definitely start eating some more fruit and veggies:drinker:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options

I am trying my hardest to maintain a proper diet/exercise.

You really need to add more plants into your diet. I had a look at your diary and its mostly meat, cheese, eggs and processed carbs. I am not having a go at you, but I would suggest cutting down on the cheese and obviously the eggs if they're making you feel that way. You should definitely start eating some more fruit and veggies:drinker:

Agreed!!
    Plus --- every body is different. Obviously eggs (or at least so many of them) are not ideal for your body, so cut back on them. Problem solved.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    eating something you are intolerant or allergic too can build up and become dangerous so get some advice from your doctor
    before you make the decision to continue eating them
  • _Ben
    Options
    Do not listen to the previous posters. DO NOT CUT BACK ON EGGS, CUT THEM OUT! You should never ingest anything that is causing an allergy without consulting a trained physcian first, as this could have serious adverse effects. The stomach pains and increased heart rate is your body trying to react to the allergy, and fight it off. Remember, allegies can kill you, and contiunal ingestion of eggs could be making your reactions worse and worse. STOP EATING EGGS, and call your physician on monday
  • change_happens
    Options
    i get intense stomach pains and a racing heart after eating eggs...
    i know that the whole cholestorol thing is myth, so what else could be wrong??

This has always happened to my son. He has an egg allergy.