Float board calories burned?

Options
Hi! I did a new class for me: ‘Floatboard’ at the pool. Sort of Pilates on a wobbly platform. While I spent a considerable time falling in and clambering back, I would like to know what the average exertion for this is. It’s not on the MFP exercise list in the diary...

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    While I'm not usually a fan of randomly letting exercise increase deficit, I'd probably just log it as pilates or yoga, and let the wobble/splash part be a deficit bonus. 🤷‍♀️
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Ask the instructor if this burns more than regular Pilates.

I often shave some minutes off when my activity is less than my definition. For example, I was outside shoveling and otherwise clearing snow today. I took less total time due to the other stuff. Maybe take more time?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I do a water exercise class and laps (in addition to my regular workouts).

Because (in my case), I am not a good lap swimmer and the exercise class is a very easy one (truly I am the youngest one in there by many years, and I'm 43 LOL)... I log the activity for both but ... i don't add any calories for it. While I know for a fact, I do burn calories for both, my muscles tell me as such (mainly for the laps LOL)... I just am very, probably overly, cautious in adding/eating back many of them.

that said, I am always RAVENOUS after my pool time. Which is why I schedule it to be closer to lunch time LOL
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Because (in my case), I am not a good lap swimmer and the exercise class is a very easy one (truly I am the youngest one in there by many years, and I'm 43 LOL)... I log the activity for both but ... i don't add any calories for it. While I know for a fact, I do burn calories for both, my muscles tell me as such (mainly for the laps LOL)... I just am very, probably overly, cautious in adding/eating back many of them.

that said, I am always RAVENOUS after my pool time. Which is why I schedule it to be closer to lunch time LOL

Do you get something to drink immediately after getting out of the pool? I used to be ravenous after swimming but learned I was really mostly thirsty.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Do you get something to drink immediately after getting out of the pool? I used to be ravenous after swimming but learned I was really mostly thirsty.

i do usually get a drink, yes. I think its the combination of being in the pool and it being close to my lunchtime when I get out of it,and have a 45 minute drive home LOL
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Water activities do make you hungry, eh? I make sure I drink a lot of water - which is why I rush out of the pool to the bathroom, but still!
    *I have found just driving in the car makes me hungry. Maybe because there is forward pressure on my stomach? I have to tell my inner “I’m hungry “ voice to shut up, you’re just being weird in the car 😉