i get intense stomach pains and a racing heart after eating

Options
2»

Replies

• emma1488
    Options
    Do not listen to the previous posters. DO NOT CUT BACK ON EGGS, CUT THEM OUT! You should never ingest anything that is causing an allergy without consulting a trained physcian first, as this could have serious adverse effects. The stomach pains and increased heart rate is your body trying to react to the allergy, and fight it off. Remember, allegies can kill you, and contiunal ingestion of eggs could be making your reactions worse and worse. STOP EATING EGGS, and call your physician on monday

Even though I was one of those 'previous posters' I agree with the above comment. You should stop eating them. I should have worded it better.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Do not listen to the previous posters. DO NOT CUT BACK ON EGGS, CUT THEM OUT! You should never ingest anything that is causing an allergy without consulting a trained physcian first, as this could have serious adverse effects. The stomach pains and increased heart rate is your body trying to react to the allergy, and fight it off. Remember, allegies can kill you, and contiunal ingestion of eggs could be making your reactions worse and worse. STOP EATING EGGS, and call your physician on monday

Even though I was one of those 'previous posters' I agree with the above comment. You should stop eating them. I should have worded it better.

Sorry about that, didnt really mean anything by that, really didnt want to be rude. I just wanted to express the severity of the situation. Tad dramatic, sorry about that
  • emma1488
    Options

Sorry about that, didnt really mean anything by that, really didnt want to be rude. I just wanted to express the severity of the situation. Tad dramatic, sorry about that

Not at all! I just realised that it is a pretty serious circumstance and I was sitting on the fence by suggesting to reduce consumption when really, as you said, it needs to cease :)
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's so weird but my husband has the exact same problem with eggs and also bananas of all things. The doctor doesn't really believe him but I've seen him after he eats an egg or banana. He can't breathe and he's hunched over with horrible stomach pains. It wasn't always that way for him but started happening as an adult. Just stay away from them.
    Edited to add - he has no problems with cakes or other foods containing eggs. Just when he eats eggs alone.