Ideas for Low Sugar Foods

Options
I'm over on my sugar almost every day, even when my calories are within my limits. If I have a peach for breakfast and a pear for a snack, I'm already over.

Any idea for low-suugar fruits, snacks, etc.? I live overseas so can't get any packaged diet foods.

I'm looking for natural, wholesome ideas for snacks which will satisfy but not make me go over my sugar limit!

Replies

• littlelol
    Options
    IM always over my sugar inatke also , so this is useful for me :) xx
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Unless you're keeping your sugar low for specific health reasons, I wouldn't worry about the sugar from fruits and healthy sources.

Snacks without sugar? Try nuts.
  • CurvyFresherFC
    CurvyFresherFC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I heard popcorn and breadsticks are meant to be healthy snacks - but as someone above said, I really wouldn't worry about sugar intakes from fruit as they're naturally occuring and you need a sugar boost in the morning anyway. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Catheve
    Options
    Don't forget the hidden sugar - check food labels. Try not to have more than one portion of fruit at a time. Also remember, exercise burns sugar but exercise is only taken off total calories, not sugar.
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about being over sugar with fruit. Fruit has a lot of fibre, so it generally will not cause sugar spikes.
    Peaches & pear have about 15 grams of sugar each... same as a cup of skim milk. Milk has no fibre, but fruit have no protein.

The sugar limit (about 40 grams) is in reference to simple sugars. If you eat 5 servings of whole fruit & veg a day you'll reach this limit... not including the sugars from dairy and other natural foods.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on my sugar but that's usually from fruits and natural such. I wouldn't worry about it too much but I hear popcorn, nuts, and berries (such as blue berries and raspberries) are lower in sugar.