Stuck

Options
hello all I think I'm stuck.. I've lost 154 pounds I currently weigh about 204 I've been working out 3-4 days a week and burning about 300 calories each workout session and I try and eat 1600 calories a day. I'm unsure if I'm losing fat and building muscle or just sitting there. My clothes are becoming too big but I haven't dropped a pound in two weeks!! Im not use to the scale not going down in so long. For the last 7 months I've become accustomed to always dropping 2-4 pounds a week. Any suggestions or ideas on what it could be?

Replies

• CindyWarner
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are losing inches but maintaining the same number on the scale you are gaining muscle. It's a good thing. The more muscle you gain the more fat you will burn. Right now ignore the scale and continue to do what you are doing. After a bit you will notice more weight loss.

Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.

Wait for it...................*opens popcorn and sits back*
  • kyle0075
    Options
    You are gaining muscle. Don't be worried about teh weigh loss issue as much. It will come, but at least you've lost a lot of weight and are accomplishing what you set out for.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I got stuck on around 225 lbs for 4 weeks..... I believe it was my first Plateu.....In the end I upped my profile to lose 0.5lbs per week (from 1.5lbs per week), so I was eating 400 calories a week more - and then I went on holiday for a week - with very little control over the food I ate (lots of carbs).....but that week I did huge amounts of exercise....

Came back and the scale started moving again....from everything I have read if you do hit a plateu the best thing is to mix things up (and not be eating less, or exercising more....) until your body is happy to start losing again.....

Personally I dont really buy the muscles weigh more story..... If you have been doing weight training for a while you would be gaining that extra muscle weight very gradually - it does not happen overnight in one week!!
  • nlghtcrawler
    Options
    Well my exercise consist of just a treadmill and pushups and sit-ups for example; warm up for 2 minutes run for 3 treadmill stops, then I quickly get off and do 20 sit-ups then get back on the treadmill run for 3 more minutes then it stops and I do 20 pushups that repeats for 30 minutes then I cool down for 2 minutes
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.

Wait for it...................*opens popcorn and sits back*

Very very funny!!!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My advice would be do different exercises to confuse your body, and also calorie zig zagging works best for me with plateaus. Make a drastic difference for like a week, 800 to 1400 or 700 to 1600 etc so that your body is not sure what you are doing, and maybe it will start up again... I dont buy the muscle weighs more crap either... It does, but its so slow and gradual it will not stop you from losing weight...