Forgot to press ‘resume’ run on fitness tracker ... again!

Options
Don’t you hate it when you press ‘pause’ on your fitness device at a traffic lights but forget to press ‘resume’. Sometimes I run a couple of km before I’ve realised.

Do you continue your run until you hit your goal mileage on your device or cut it short? I continue my run until I’ve hit my goal on my device.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I usually just do the run I had planned. Usually I am only missing at most half a mile, so if the watch doesn't catch that, it really doesn't matter.
  • MarttaHP
    MarttaHP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has ever happened to me; my typical running route doesn't have any traffic lights. But I probably would do the workout as intended, since I'm following a structured program and it would bug me to have to change it up, even for a single workout.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Don’t you hate it when you press ‘pause’ on your fitness device at a traffic lights but forget to press ‘resume’. Sometimes I run a couple of km before I’ve realised.

Do you continue your run until you hit your goal mileage on your device or cut it short? I continue my run until I’ve hit my goal on my device.

Autopause ;)
  • penguininprogress007
    Options
    I don't pause during runs. The time won't stop during a race either. I just stare at the traffic lights angrily.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't pause during runs. The time won't stop during a race either. I just stare at the traffic lights angrily.

Yeah I don't pause either. Only if i really stop for a period, like I bump into a friend and we chat for a few minutes.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

Oh, yea! So I'm not crazy? When I see a stop sign, I look at the word at mutter "Never," under my breath while running past. 🏃🏿‍♀️
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I don't like autopause because it is erratic in how long it takes before it stops and when it starts up again. I also found that it would stop when I was in dense trees, assuming that the lack of signal meant I had stopped. I did a couple of trail runs in the mountains that were a couple of miles short because of the autopause feature. After that, I always stopped the watch manually.

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yeah it bugs me. I pause for some parts of my running group (technical drills, strength, stretching etc) and pisses me off when I forget to reactivate for intervals but I just roll with it.
  • MikeRunsDaily
    MikeRunsDaily Posts: 20 Member
    Options

This is why I never hit pause during my runs. I’d rather have a terrible pace instead of short distance 🤣🤣 the way I look at it is the race clocks never stop 🤣🤣

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, but yeah, for other stuff. I have to continually remind myself that it's the training that matters, not the metrics about the training. My body measures everything, y'know? In my case, I usually started with a plan (route of semi-known distance or something), so I just do what I was going to do, and call it good, mostly . . . after cursing the lack of oh-so-soothing data confirmation, of course.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,458 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch does it automatically- if you set it up that way in settings it will buzz to let you know it’s paused, chirp immediately upon resuming to let you know it’s tracking. If you forget to turn it off when any kind of exercise is complete, it will vibrate to ask you if you’re done.

Never had an issue with trees or interference. In fact, that just seems incomprehensible. Why would a tree prevent it from recording your run? That would be a total no-dice for me for that tracker.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch does it automatically- if you set it up that way in settings it will buzz to let you know it’s paused, chirp immediately upon resuming to let you know it’s tracking. If you forget to turn it off when any kind of exercise is complete, it will vibrate to ask you if you’re done.

Never had an issue with trees or interference. In fact, that just seems incomprehensible. Why would a tree prevent it from recording your run? That would be a total no-dice for me for that tracker.

I've never had it happen from just a tree, but terrain or whatnot can confuse devices that are using GPS, by interrupting their electronic view of the necessary satellites.