Macros for booty gains!!

LilianaDY
LilianaDY Posts: 4 Member
I am currently on surplus. I'm 5'5, 142lbs and aiming for 2300 calories a day with 1g of protein per body weight (140lbs daily). My main goal is to gain booty muscle. Any advices?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    Yep, like sijomial says to GAIN, you need a good training program that initiates it. So what's your program? Also why just the booty? Just because it's a social thing nowadays amongst females?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LilianaDY
    My main focus is my lower body but I do workout my upper body for a more complete physique. 5x week, 3 lower body, 2 upper body. Weighted training/walking for cardio.
  • ninerbuff
    So what do you do for training?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • LilianaDY
    Honestly, I'm just looking for advices. I understand that in order for you to give one, you need the entire training schedule to give feedback. I consider myself a beginner lifter, so I dont know everything. I dont have a personal trainer if that's what you want to know. (ninerbuff). And no, I dont do just booty training to "look" like some social media influencer.
  • ninerbuff
    Basic advice: high volume training, do weighted hip thrusts, curtsy squat and sumo squats focus more on glute contractions and keep progressing the resistance.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Based on beginner start with strong lifts or something that has you doing compounds - squat, deadlift, chest press, etc- and then progress to more intermediate program
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    I got a booty primarily doing heavy barbell hip thrusts with progressive overload. It's also easy on the knees and a great beginner exercise. Watch any videos by Bret Contreras (otherwise known as "The Glute Guy").

I just eat a lot of protein and try to cut back on sugar. It works for me for the most part. I have protein shake packages because I'm lazy. I just mix them with almond milk after a workout.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Welcome to the lifting club Liliana! I gained great size in my glutes with some heavy sumo squats, smith lunges, heavy squatting (goblet, plie, sumo, smith, box) and things like glute bridges - I used to hip thrust and I just didn't love it. The key is a surplus diet, strong, recorded lifts with progressive overloading (always beat the logbook!) and some good recovery - sleep is the most underrated part of most people's growth plans IMO! Good luck, wishing you all the success in your lifting and growth goals!
  • LilianaDY
    Thank you all!! I'm really enjoying lifting rather than just cardio. (Did it for 5 yeas 🤦‍♀️). I got super tiny, but now my goal is get stronger.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    LilianaDY wrote: »
    Thank you all!! I'm really enjoying lifting rather than just cardio. (Did it for 5 yeas 🤦‍♀️). I got super tiny, but now my goal is get stronger.

Then pick a structured lifting program and stick with it