Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

11/09/01

karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
Thinking of those that lost their lives and those who lost loved ones on this day ten years ago, 11/9/01 is a date that brings up so many memories, I remember that I was on the telephone with my late Mum, and the TV was on, I said to her turn on the news...something is happening in America, I remember as we watched the horror unfold, watching the second plane fly in, watching and then suddenly realising that we could see people falling...people who had thrown them selves out of windows falling, I almost screamed when I realised it was people. I was watching people die, it was the most terrible feeling, I was horrified and yet could not turn off the television, I needed to see, to watch as this thing unfolded, the longer I watched, talking to my Mum the whole time on the phone, the more it felt like we were seeing the end of the world. My thoughts are with all those people today, ten years on. xXx

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    i have to admit watching the clips does make you go omg.
    But at the time i didnt even know it had happened until a few years after..
    plus because Americans used month then date format. i thought it was the 9th of november it happened! lol
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Hi, I just want to say my thoughts and prayers are with all the families today.
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    10 years today. Seeing the images bring back just how horrific that day and the days that followed were. Rest in peace to all that died that day and my thoughts go out to their friends and families...and of course to all of the people that have been effected as a result in all the events that have followed x
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Strange to think it's been ten years - I'm thinking of all those who were lost, but also of all the things that I've done in those ten years. Our absolute insistence on going on living seems like the best weapon most of us have against those who would destroy us and our way of life.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field, for the wife who stopped in the stairwell to call her husband to say I will love you forever, for the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died,for the policemen who rushed in with the firemen to help get others out only to die themselves, for the soldiers who fought back and lost their lives. Today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will forever remember xxx
  • For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field, for the wife who stopped in the stairwell to call her husband to say I will love you forever, for the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died,for the policemen who rushed in with the firemen to help get others out only to die themselves, for the soldiers who fought back and lost their lives. Today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will forever remember xxx

Omg that made me tear up..well said
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Thinking of all of you in the US today. May God's love shine on you.

I remember being in a Supermarket when the first tower was hit with my husband and daughter who was then just 8 weeks old. The TV section was showing what was then thought of as an accident in New York. My husband went over and the check out lady said she would watch my daughter if I went over and let her know what had happened. By the time we got home the second tower had just been hit and the full horror unfolded in front of us.

Love to you all today.xxx
  • For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field, for the wife who stopped in the stairwell to call her husband to say I will love you forever, for the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died,for the policemen who rushed in with the firemen to help get others out only to die themselves, for the soldiers who fought back and lost their lives. Today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will forever remember xxx

WE WILL NEVER FORGET................GOD BLESS AMERICA
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    watched the ceremony from ground zero, very moving indeed.