LGBTQ+

pansexual_emo
pansexual_emo Posts: 70 Member
Personally I am a 18 year old pansexual female who has faced a lot of discrimination and bullying for my sexuality. Tell me about you, your struggles or just chat.

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    I'm a T for Tigress. Meoooow!!
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I support the BLT Community.

..... especially on the days that they have sourdough.

:D<3
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

I've decided you can't do a fake *kitten* blt. I tried at Subway with the white bread, shredded lettuce and piece of bacon but YOU NEED THE MAYO.

(I'm an ally of the LGBTQ (plus all the letters that keep getting added) community too. :))
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I've decided you can't do a fake *kitten* blt. I tried at Subway with the white bread, shredded lettuce and piece of bacon but YOU NEED THE MAYO.

(I'm an ally of the LGBTQ (plus all the letters that keep getting added) community too. :))

A few years ago, I was in Boston, walked into a deli and ordered a BLT on sourdough with avocado.

The reply: "We don't have sourdough and we don't have avocado."

I was polite, but thought to myself:

" GTFO of here, you sorry-*kitten*, lame *kitten*, bean eatin', Red Sox loving, worthless Boston deli. Do you need to drag your own silly *kitten* out to the West Coast just to learn how to make a proper BLT ?? "

.... But instead, I said: "Oh, okay.... I'll just have a turkey club."

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Well I identify as bisexual and I find it funny how I could bring home a man and be around the kids but the moment I brought a girl home I couldn’t stay the night or be in the kid’s room with the door closed. That implication was so SO hurtful. She asked me not to kiss or hold hands with my gf either which I did. That very same female relative was having an affair with another woman the whole time. 💅🏻
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »

A few years ago, I was in Boston, walked into a deli and ordered a BLT on sourdough with avocado.

The reply: "We don't have sourdough and we don't have avocado."

I was polite, but thought to myself:

" GTFO of here, you sorry-*kitten*, lame *kitten*, bean eatin', Red Sox loving, worthless Boston deli. Do you need to drag your own silly *kitten* out to the West Coast just to learn how to make a proper BLT ?? "

.... But instead, I said: "Oh, okay.... I'll just have a turkey club."

Oh man...a BLT&A. (Hush!). Seriously....seriously delicious.
  • Pencil_legs
    Pencil_legs Posts: 75 Member
    Personally I am a 18 year old pansexual female who has faced a lot of discrimination and bullying for my sexuality. Tell me about you, your struggles or just chat.

Honestly I'm surprised that the mfp community wouldn't be more supportive of this topic. Some jokes and gone. Sucks that people feel they can't be themselves.
  • glassyo
    LOL...just realized it was a zombie thread.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member

Honestly I'm surprised that the mfp community wouldn't be more supportive of this topic. Some jokes and gone. Sucks that people feel they can't be themselves.

We have communities specifically for certain interest groups. I don't love it, but that's what mfp has chosen to do with "controversial" topics.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Well I identify as bisexual and I find it funny how I could bring home a man and be around the kids but the moment I brought a girl home I couldn’t stay the night or be in the kid’s room with the door closed. That implication was so SO hurtful. She asked me not to kiss or hold hands with my gf either which I did. That very same female relative was having an affair with another woman the whole time. 💅🏻

It’s the hypocrisy for me

Sorry you suffered that kind of discrimination ❤️
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

It’s the hypocrisy for me

Sorry you suffered that kind of discrimination ❤️

That chick is nuts to be fair. Hypocritical in all sorts if ways.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I know MFP likes to make jokes and then forgets about these threads, so I have a serious comment.

One of my daughters has recently come out to me as bi. She is 13 and still learning how to navigate the world. She has only come out to very close family members. I don't care who she likes or is attracted to as long as they treat her well and make her happy. Does anyone have any good advice to give me as a mom to be supportive of her?

I have no advice, I'm sorry.

However, you're a damn good Mom asking this question! ❤️

Thank you. I just don't want to screw up and say/do the wrong thing. Being a teenager is hard enough now days, I don't want to add to anything negative by my words or behavior. Ya know?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    edited February 2021
    I know MFP likes to make jokes and then forgets about these threads, so I have a serious comment.

One of my daughters has recently come out to me as bi. She is 13 and still learning how to navigate the world. She has only come out to very close family members. I don't care who she likes or is attracted to as long as they treat her well and make her happy. Does anyone have any good advice to give me as a mom to be supportive of her?

Kinda sorta answered your own question..

What my mom used to say..
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member

You’re being supportive and loving her and that’s HUGE! 13 is a crazy age to begin with and given where the world is right now it’s probably even crazier.

Just be there for her and listen to what she says and what she doesn’t say. Maybe look into some YA LGBTQ+ lit for her? Be ready to be there for her. Kids today are a lot more open to gender fluidity, but it’s still the age of mean girls and being different can be brutal.

You’re a good mom, Mel. ❤️
  • qhob_89
    qhob_89 Posts: 105 Member

It sounds like you’re already knocking it out of the park, mom!!!

I think the advice I would give in this situation is to be open with her and explain you won’t always get it right. It’s hard to feel in control of anything at that age, so handing her the reins in this situation will probably feel pretty good. Sometimes kids just need to hear it from parents that they can screw up and are willing to own it! Just let her know that you want her to feel comfortable correcting you if you say something she feels is “wrong” and you’re very open to learn from her. Good luck!!! Proud of you for being such a kick@$$ mom!