Food tracking accountability groupies

Options
Hey all!

I’m Jacquelyn, I’d love to meet you virtually and support each other on this weight loss journey! A little about me, I’m a full time ER nurse and full time Nurse Practitioner student and currently engaged to the best guy ever (despite his middle school diet - lol).

I’ve had a hard time losing weight over the past couple years and am currently very uncomfortable in my body. I don’t feel confident in my looks and more importantly, I’ve been having some back pain and just feel exhausted after my 12he shifts.

My goal of starting this board is to connect with likeminded and health focused individuals to keep each other more accountable. And lose a lot of weight by my wedding in October!

Reach out if you want to say hi, have any tips, or feel like minded. Don’t reach out if you want to send me a picture of a questionable mole on your arm or with an undiagnosed medical anomaly. 😂

Love & good vibes to you all

Replies

• heather9986hg
    heather9986hg Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Heather I'm 220 want to get to 180
    I was 312 got to 180 but gained...
  • jbcall
    jbcall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather! Nice to meet you! You’re down almost 100lbs from your starting point! How amazing 🤩
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did great about 3 years ago and lost 45 lbs. Using My fitness pal. Unfortunately I have gained it all back. So, I am going to try to monitor my intake again and try to get the weight back off again. I want to be happy with my body and I am not right now.

Heather, what an accomplishment! Even with the weight loss speed bump, you have achieved an amazing amount of weight loss. Let's all loose this rest of this weight together!
  • cechafe
    cechafe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with keeping up with my plan. I fall off at times and It sets me into this mindset that I'll never lose this weight. I want to lose 40 lbs. How or what do I do to change my temptations?
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    cechafe wrote: »
    I'm struggling with keeping up with my plan. I fall off at times and It sets me into this mindset that I'll never lose this weight. I want to lose 40 lbs. How or what do I do to change my temptations?

@cechafe , It all starts with your mindset and making small changes as you go along, I have been on and off of here many times in the past as I would get close to my goal and then then have a cheat day that turns into weeks and months and by that point I had gained all the weight back and then some, I finally made my mind up and I have now lost 63.8lbs and still want to lose @ 25lbs more. Just remember to NEVER give up on yourself!!!! You can do this and each new day is a new day to work on your goals!!! You can do this!
  • jbcall
    Options
    @wewillbskinny - hi!! I love your encouragement! Welcome back to FMP, I also was on a hiatus after gaining back all the weight plus some. Let’s get to business and start the process of living healthier so we can feel better and look better... and dare I say it... bskinny hehe. Any goals for this week?? Month??

@heather9986hg heather!! Same questions to you! Any specific goals this week? Month? Doesn’t have to be food related! Let’s get our minds and bodies in tune and healthy :) maybe share some tips on how you lost all that weight?? I’d love to hear about that!

@cechafe great questions my friend!! @The_Elephant_Man said it so eloquently! It seems to be the same for me, it’s totally a mind game, my body will only be as strong as my mind. I am so so soooo good at making excuses for not working out. Putting my health behind other “priorities” but I’m really trying to make it my #1 priority.

For me, this week my goal is to work out 4 days and log ALL my foods
    Food logging is a big goal for me. I need to record everything, not just the healthy ones or the good days - that’s what’s hard about being a perfectionist. It’s stupid but I think that I can’t log a food cause it wasn’t a healthy one, like as if it doesn’t count if it isn’t logged. Um duh that’s not how it works. So being honest with myself and how much I’m consuming is going to be major for me..
  • jbcall
    Options
    Any other nurses out there?!? Let’s be friends and have some real life chats about how freaking hard it is to say no to break room treats!
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be mfp friends. I am a health care aide, so I know the struggle of break room treats too.
  • jbcall
    Options
    @Tessita_07 yes! How do you keep yourself from indulging in the treats?
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    jbcall wrote: »
    @Tessita_07 yes! How do you keep yourself from indulging in the treats?

@jbcall @Tessita_07 It goes back to mind set, Is that bag of chips or candy bar really worth it?
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    @jbcall My immediate goals this week are to try to stay on track. It seems to be the hardest just getting started to stay motivated. So far, so good. Also, have had salad for dinner each night. Plan to do the same for next week as well.
  • chlndsay5
    chlndsay5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my struggles is that my husband does the cooking. Love that he does this but Ugh with the calories
  • heather9986hg
    heather9986hg Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @wewillbskinny - hi!! I love your encouragement! Welcome back to FMP, I also was on a hiatus after gaining back all the weight plus some. Let’s get to business and start the process of living healthier so we can feel better and look better... and dare I say it... bskinny hehe. Any goals for this week?? Month??

@heather9986hg heather!! Same questions to you! Any specific goals this week? Month? Doesn’t have to be food related! Let’s get our minds and bodies in tune and healthy :) maybe share some tips on how you lost all that weight?? I’d love to hear about that!

@cechafe great questions my friend!! @The_Elephant_Man said it so eloquently! It seems to be the same for me, it’s totally a mind game, my body will only be as strong as my mind. I am so so soooo good at making excuses for not working out. Putting my health behind other “priorities” but I’m really trying to make it my #1 priority.

For me, this week my goal is to work out 4 days and log ALL my foods
    Food logging is a big goal for me. I need to record everything, not just the healthy ones or the good days - that’s what’s hard about being a perfectionist. It’s stupid but I think that I can’t log a food cause it wasn’t a healthy one, like as if it doesn’t count if it isn’t logged. Um duh that’s not how it works. So being honest with myself and how much I’m consuming is going to be major for me..

I'm just trying to get back on track. I've been working out 3x a week and tracking calories. Eating more veggies less junk food I guess
    That is how I lost weight before I cut out soda and drank water instead. I counted calories and started working out. At first I did Curves and a dvd series walk away the pounds but then I started finding other DVDs to try at sales
    I love to ride bike in the summer I found my bike at a yard sale for $2
    Outside of weight loss goals I am trying to be more financially fit and budget and pay off debt.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I’m Jacquelyn, I’d love to meet you virtually and support each other on this weight loss journey! A little about me, I’m a full time ER nurse and full time Nurse Practitioner student and currently engaged to the best guy ever (despite his middle school diet - lol).

I’ve had a hard time losing weight over the past couple years and am currently very uncomfortable in my body. I don’t feel confident in my looks and more importantly, I’ve been having some back pain and just feel exhausted after my 12he shifts.

My goal of starting this board is to connect with likeminded and health focused individuals to keep each other more accountable. And lose a lot of weight by my wedding in October!

Reach out if you want to say hi, have any tips, or feel like minded. Don’t reach out if you want to send me a picture of a questionable mole on your arm or with an undiagnosed medical anomaly. 😂

Love & good vibes to you all

Hi! - love that you said “tracking groupies” haha - that’s what I feel like sometimes!
  • wewillbskinny
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow. I have tried to stay on track this week. A few days my calories were a little off. But just a little. This first week has been a bit difficult adjusting my calories. I was just eating non-stop before. Hope we all have a great week:)