Mini Goals During Weight Loss

Options
I want to challenge myself more frequently than the final goal I have set.

I'm setting one today that I'd like to hit 212 by Monday, Feb 15.

Are there any other short-goal makers out there?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    how much weight is that from where you are? 5 days is not time to lose hardly anything. unless you are 212.4 currently. Then, maybe. but not if there is any kind of normal weight fluctuation at all. A heavier than normal workout or higher sodium meal, or impending menstrual cycle, or just a random 'higher' day can disguise any weight loss and show a gain (even if only temporary)

• GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So maybe too ambitious? I’m 212.8 today. I know how weight and water can bounce up and down!
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I find non-scale short term victories helpful. Like, I want to be down a size by mid-March or I want to be able to get up that steep hill without being winded before it's hot out.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yes I love mini goals and I give myself rewards for them. 6 pounds to go and I am going to buy myself a new game on my wishlist. I think after that my next reward may be an air fryer.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @TayaCurragh Air fryers are great !! Love mine.

My next mini goal is a ways away but I’m looking to hit the top end of the healthy weight range in bmi. I’m looking to get an Apple watch
  • GigiDeborah
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    @TayaCurragh Air fryers are great !! Love mine.

My next mini goal is a ways away but I’m looking to hit the top end of the healthy weight range in bmi. I’m looking to get an Apple watch

I got an air fryer for Christmas from my daughter and I was surprised how much I love it!

An Apple watch! That's a great reward.
  • GigiDeborah
    Options
    I made that first mini-goal. Which makes me so happy. I am feeling, even so early in my game here, a malaise settle in and resentment for having to watch everything I eat. I need to make that a mini-goal. Contentment and recommitment to the end goal of being healthier and thinner.

But for now I'd like to be 209 by 03.01.21