Hi Hi! Aussie single mum seeks similar to share exercise tip

Hi all,

I'm new to the site just today, have arranged with two close friends to get healthy together, and support each other. All help from members in similar time and babysitter poor circumstances please give me ideas that work for you too!

At the moment, I am starting my weight loss plan by recording all my food and exercise (making me more accountable), and 'Finding Thirty' everyday.

I have over 50kgs to lose, and I'm very happy to lose that slowly, I want it to stay off! I haven't really dieted in the past, which is probably how I got in this position in the first place! I just won't do things I don't enjoy, so finding activity I can do with my commitments that I enjoy is really tricky!

Replies

• kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Welcome to the site.. Im also an aussie, and there are a few of us around. Your welcome to add me, if you wish.. More support, better the will power :)
  • Doing it slowly iss the smart way. You wanna try about 1 pound per week of weight loss. You just have to try different things that you think you can stick with until you find what works for you for exercise. FInding 30 minutes isn't as hard as it sounds you just have to want it bad enough. I get up a hour before I need to in the mornings so that I can get in my exercise before I get ready for work and then get my 2 little ones up and ready for school. Then I'm done and don't have to worry about anything but logging my fod intake for the rest ofthe day.
  • Hi there, I'm new to the site too!

Just joined yesterday and started recording everything I eat/any exercise I do for accountability as well. Am wanting to lose 20kg and am a mother of 5. Have added you both as am dong it alone at the moment. I normally run, but my knees have been playing up so I've changed to just walking at a moderate pace whilst pushing my 1yr old in his stroller around the local park for an hour after i drop off my four oldest kids at school in the morning (prefer to exercise in the morning as I find that later on in the day am too busy with the usual domestic chores/errands, looking after my 1yr old and then having to tend to the needs of the other four when they return home from school!). I also work from home, so for me, I find it better to get the exercise out of the way first thing in the morning :)