Dad bod to Grandpa bod

Options
124»

Replies

• maverick4x4
    maverick4x4 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    I'll be curious to see how things go. I'm so far away from needing refeeds or anything like that, I'm just tucking the anecdotal data away for later uses. You're doing awesome so far, though. Has anyone ever told you, you look a little like Vin Diesel? By the way, that's a very good thing.

Thanks! How is your progress?

Never heard I look like Vin Diesel, though I'll take that compliment all day long. The guys at the refinery called me Marky Mark when I was out there about 15 years ago, I had more hair then. 😁😁
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    I'll be curious to see how things go. I'm so far away from needing refeeds or anything like that, I'm just tucking the anecdotal data away for later uses. You're doing awesome so far, though. Has anyone ever told you, you look a little like Vin Diesel? By the way, that's a very good thing.

I was going to say a "Ripped & Jacked Biden" 🤷🏿‍♀️

As someone who recently discovered her endocrine system may be playing tricks with her feeble brain when it comes to potential leptin resistance, have you considered analyzing your sleeping patterns or other metrics beyond macros? For example, fiber is a micronutrient that may play a role, if leptin is an issue.

Regardless, being open to experimenting with what works for you (while tracking) is always a good idea, imho! Kudos!👏🏿

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Great job, gentlemen!!
  • maverick4x4
    Options
    ChiefBaba wrote: »
    4gs9s7wky9gi.jpg

57 year old grandpa of 5!

WOW!!! That is an amazing transformation! What did you do, how long? What are you doing now?
  • ChiefBaba
    ChiefBaba Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Took me a year - intermittent fasting, body weight workouts (jumping jacks, burpees, planks, etc) and logging meals in MyFitnessPal!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    What a great read. Way to go.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    There was so much "mathing" 😭 here but it sounds like you're happy @maverick4x4 and you look great!
  • maverick4x4
    Options
    What I've learned in the last couple weeks is that I'm treating maintenance day like cheat day. Super Bowl didn't help. Time to rein it in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!