everyday a struggle....But....

Options
im not the greatest dieter in the world and my motivation sucks generally, i get board and i like to eat out! although........i have to say the last week i have really tried and i cant say its been easy, but has it really been as bad as i thought......ummmm no! one step at a time is my new mindset because rome wasnt built in a day.... so from now abit of will power and positive thinking, its our choice after all, no one is forcing that chocolate muffin down our necks are they....time for change and I'm embracing it!!

Replies

• sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Woo! Great mind set! Good luck :smile:
    Stay strong x
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thats a great attitude! It's a change in lifestyle, not a diet, and small changes, a little at a time will reap great rewards. If you slip, pick yourself right back up and get back on the road to wellness. I encourage you to join challenges and make friends, that is what has helped me stay focused and accountable to someone besides myself.
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    good for you! good luck with your journey!!!
  • allehp
    Options
    Good for you, girly! you got this!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Totally the right attitude, just you keep going!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    If you need more mo, this quote has always gotten me through a tough day:

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday."
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Your excellent attitude helps the rest of us. Thanks
  • jwatford
    jwatford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I was doing well until last week when I got a stupid head-cold, allergy, or something of the sort that gave me a great excuse to stop working out. Now, I'm at that crossroads of allowing myself to fall back into old bad habits or pushing to make good decisions about what I put in my mouth as well as picking up the weights and doing the cardio. Your post is helpful because, as you said, it is a process. Its all about the little individual decisions based on a commitment made. Thanks for the insight.