Greetings!

Options
"I love you, baby. Please come back. Please come home. I swear, I won't treat you bad anymore. I'll buy you a fur coat. Diamond ring. Whatever you want."

...This is what my relationship with food is like. Each time I say "I'm done with you, delicious fattening food." It looks at me (not literally) and offers a new reason why I should stay.

I guess this is why my previous attempts at weight loss have failed. This is why I'm here.

I've never actually engaged in the social aspect of these weight loss sites before. After a rave review by one of my friends, I decided to give this site a shot. Hopefully, all you social butterflies out there can kindly aid me in this cumbersome journey I'm about to embark on. (I probably shouldn't refer to it as a 'cumbersome journey'. I guess that's probably a weight loss faux pas, sort of like wearing white after Labor Day, right?)

At this point, I would love the opportunity to get to know you and share in the "miracle" of weight loss. (For the record, that's just as bad as 'cumbersome journey' but it's late and my mind is distracted by my neighbors having a good ol' time outside.)

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• wiclassact
    Options
    Hi Slackergrrl - Greetings from a fellow newbie.

I enjoyed your analogies to food and could so relate! You had me laughing!

What a way with words! Good luck to you, hope to get to know you better.
  • noface
    Options
    im new here too and looking for some allies to hopefully keep me motivated ! sending a friend request your way if thats cool c:
  • Slackergrrl
    Options
    Since I've written the post. My life flashed before my very eyes. Kind of. My father passed away three weeks ago. Heart attack. He was 57.

Yeah. Sad. Scary.

In addition to this, I have discovered that my body doesn't like dairy and gluten. Also, it wants to destroy my thyroid. And blah blah blah yeast thing blah blah blah. Due to the yeast thing, I have to give up sugar.

I guess I'm sort of reintroducing myself. The changes I was sort of maybe thinking about making have to be made. I have to break up with food. I have to break up with ice cream? Delicious everything with gluten in it? I have to break up with that, too?

I'm 32. I have to reprogram myself and my tastebuds. Old habits die so very hard. Please feel free to friend. I very much would like all the support I can get. I will do my best to support you, too.

Thanks!

"I love you, baby. Please come back. Please come home. I swear, I won't treat you bad anymore. I'll buy you a fur coat. Diamond ring. Whatever you want."

...This is what my relationship with food is like. Each time I say "I'm done with you, delicious fattening food." It looks at me (not literally) and offers a new reason why I should stay.

I guess this is why my previous attempts at weight loss have failed. This is why I'm here.

I've never actually engaged in the social aspect of these weight loss sites before. After a rave review by one of my friends, I decided to give this site a shot. Hopefully, all you social butterflies out there can kindly aid me in this cumbersome journey I'm about to embark on. (I probably shouldn't refer to it as a 'cumbersome journey'. I guess that's probably a weight loss faux pas, sort of like wearing white after Labor Day, right?)

At this point, I would love the opportunity to get to know you and share in the "miracle" of weight loss. (For the record, that's just as bad as 'cumbersome journey' but it's late and my mind is distracted by my neighbors having a good ol' time outside.)

Thanks for reading!