Almost to 25 and finally off my plateau!!

Options
Opera_Bound
Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
Yay for great weigh-ins! I'm finally off of my 3 week plateau. At least I wasn't gaining weight back, but not budging really got me down. I kicked it in high gear this week and dropped 2.8lbs bringing me to a total of exactly 24lbs lost since I started in October! It's a slow process but I'm excited to be almost a 1/4th of the way to my goal! :bigsmile:

Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement! This site and you all are truly special and helpful! :drinker: Cheers (of water, of course) to everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Options
    Yay for great weigh-ins! I'm finally off of my 3 week plateau. At least I wasn't gaining weight back, but not budging really got me down. I kicked it in high gear this week and dropped 2.8lbs bringing me to a total of exactly 24lbs lost since I started in October! It's a slow process but I'm excited to be almost a 1/4th of the way to my goal! :bigsmile:

Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement! This site and you all are truly special and helpful! :drinker: Cheers (of water, of course) to everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    WTG! It feels awesome when we see that results on the scale. Keep it up!!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good for YOU!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

somethign about my system makes me go into plateau every 7 or so pounds.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nice work pushing through the plateau! It can be frustrating when you work so hard and the scale doesn't budge. You've motivated me to keep going, even when it gets tough.

126046.png
    /url]
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    awesome!:heart:
  • ericajewel
    Options
    congrats! thats awesome!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    sooperdooper! :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! We knew it would happen and it DID! Good job!
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    nice work opera bound!

do you have any tips for those of us still on plateaus? did u just do more exercise/work out harder? any tips very appreciated!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so awesome.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    YOU GO DIVA! :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile: :smooched:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! See, just continuing to push through with your hard work pays off! Great example for everyone!

Keep it up!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Awesome...congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • Opera_Bound
    Options
    :happy: Thank you all so much for your continued support and :heart: :smooched: !! Couldn't be doing this without all of your wonderful comments and advice!! :bigsmile:

As for advice - ummm, I told myself I'd already lost my first 20...why wouldn't I WANT to continue on that path? I realized that I was just being lazy and making excuses for myself. (TOM, being sick, stressed at work so I 'deserved' to go out and eat and drink and be merry) But then I realized that the excuses weren't helping me and that I really DESERVED to be living a healthy life style.
    ~I made it a point to really watch my sodium intake and to increase my water.
    ~At LEAST 8 glasses every day - NO EXCUSES.
    ~Then, I got my butt back to the gym. Even if all I could do was 25-30 mins of cardio, I had to go. Now I feel like I'm back on track.
    ~I made extra time to cut up veggies as 'snacks' to eat at work so I couldn't have a reason to go to the vending machine or cafe downstairs.
    ~Another great thing was REALLY wanting to fit into my jeans again...I'm comfortably back into ALL of my 'skinnier' jeans. A few are still snug in a couple spots, but I can zip them all up and still breathe. Making them fit looser was a GREAT motivation help for me.
    ~I also readjusted my 'goal sheet'. I've created an excell spreadsheet for myself with the date and my projected weekly weight loss. Seeing it written down really helps me. And I decided to forgive myself about falling off the wagon. What's in the past is in the past, not much I can do about it now, and I've got tomorrow to fix the past. :happy:
    ~A couple GREAT motivators as well: a gf's Bridal Shower on 3/21 - people that haven't seen me in a WHILE and since Dec.; my sister in law's Baby Shower on 3/28 - again, family members who saw me at Thanksgiving where I was at least 20lbs heavier!; and a good friend is coming back from a deployment sometime next month and I hope he also likes the results! :wink:

I hope that helps a little bit for anyone else dealing with a plateau. Life throws us for a loop quite a bit, but there's not much we can do but roll with the flow. If we fall off the wagon, we OWE it to ourselves to get back up and make the next day better. We are WORTH IT! :bigsmile:

Hope you're all having a wonderful week...and here's to hoping I'll be out of the 240s within the next 5 days!! :glasses:

Ciao!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!