Magic Foods? Tips?

2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Coffee. Egg Whites.
  • Minna_2407
    Minna_2407 Posts: 1 Member
    For me at the moment it's zucchini noodles. I like to eat fairly big portions, and this really cuts it without breaking the calorie bank.
    I cook the noodles on a frying pan, then mix in a tiny bit of grated cheese and a tablespoon of cream cheese (these will melt nicely), season well and I have myself a huge tasty dinner with minimal calories :smile:
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Minna_2407 wrote: »
    For me at the moment it's zucchini noodles. I like to eat fairly big portions, and this really cuts it without breaking the calorie bank.
    I cook the noodles on a frying pan, then mix in a tiny bit of grated cheese and a tablespoon of cream cheese (these will melt nicely), season well and I have myself a huge tasty dinner with minimal calories :smile:

Do you use frozen noodles or fresh? This sounds good!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Wait, what? There are magical foods?
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Not a magic food, but I always find sunflower seeds in the shell to help with snacking. It's a whole lot of work to get a few seeds and by the time you go through even half a serving you're tired of eating them.

We take them on long car rides because it's minimal amount of calories for snacking in a car versus shoveling handfuls of chips or candy into my mouth.

It's still not calorie free or anything and with determination you can go over on calories, but it works as a much lesser evil for me.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    For me it's protien and fat. Greek yogurt is perfect. Keeps me satisfied for hrs.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Nope, no magic foods. Some find fats to be satiating.

I would say learn to eat within your calorie intake and don’t demonize foods into good and bad groups. Instead eat foods that you like and allow you to hit calorie, micro, and macro targets.

Food addiction is not a thing...
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 113 Member
    Can't help you......I found all foods magical, likely part of the reason I needed to lose 100+lbs.
    Post loss, still find all foods magical, just don't let them 'amaze' me as much.
    No magic weight loss foods.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    If I were you I would take a good month of not trying to restrict calories but just tracking them. Measure/weight your food. Look at serving sizes. Plug info into MFP. Get a feel for what a lot of calories IS.

Then look back for the foods you eat and enjoy already that give you a lot of food for a relatively little amount of calories, and the things that are super calorie dense that you wouldn't mind giving up/don't super love.

Build around that.

My 'magic foods' are, right now, 2% cottage cheese with sliced strawberries or blackberries, these gorton frozen fish filet things that are only 105 calories each (and they're *BREADED and delicious) with tartar sauce made from greek yogurt and sugar free relish, and air-fried carrot 'fries' with ketchup. Those are the things that I love eating, don't make me feel deprived, and don't pile on calories.

Next month? Who the heck knows.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2021
    Lots of non starchy vegetables?? It can help to fill up half your plate with those because they take up a lot of volume and don't have many calories. So if you're having pasta for dinner, remove half your portion and replace it with broccoli (for example).

Everyone is different though. I would suggest looking at the calorie density on the foods you typically eat and see if there's anything that has a lot of calories (nuts? fatty meat? oil?) and try replacing them for something that doesn't have as much. Like maybe eat an apple instead of nuts for instance. If you cook with oil a lot, try to find alternative cooking methods.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Coffee will generally supress your appetite, but it's not necessarily the healthy way to go about it.
  • deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2021
    Kimchi (for a few reasons). I don't even waste my time counting cals from it. Make sure you have windows that open.