NSV, NEVER Over Look Them!

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
I have learned to take Great Pride in Non-Scale Victories (NSV.) I went to the doctor last week and my blood pressure was 127/75! For a year it had hovered around high to mid high levels. The scales said that I was up a couple of pounds, but when I heard my BP and the nurse "brag" about it, it hit me how wonderful eating HEALTHILY is and what it is all about. I realized that I am over weight, BUT I am HEALTHY! I AM HEALTHY! I AM HEALTHY! I am Healthy and I will continue to work on the weight loss, the weight WILL come off and I WILL continue to eat "Right." NSV-I AM HEALTHY, I AM LIVING HEALTHY!

What about you?

Replies

• hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! They totally make it all worth it :D
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I think NSV's are better motivators than the darn scale. Keep it up!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Well done! I was as the hospital on Wednesday and my blood pressure was 117/78, can't complain about that!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! I agree, NSV's come in many different forms, and the scale is only a part of the story! Getting healthy really is the reason for the weight loss in the first place!! You should be really proud of yourself!!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My NSV, i no longer feel exhausted all the time, it got so bad i was dozing off driving to work , having the top down (i have convertible, not my actual top :happy: ) with the music blaring and drinking a diet soda or iced coffee wouldnt even work. now i dont have a problem at all, congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Lowered blood pressure and increased energy are AWESOME NSVs. Congrats ladies :)

I think my most memorable one so far was the first time (since junior high) I pulled on a size 8 pair of jeans. I nearly cried right there in the fitting room at Boscov's.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!!!

i think a lot of people tend to overlook inches lost in lieu of what the scale says. INCHES ARE THE BEST INDICATOR OF PROGRESS THOUGH.
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!

I've enjoyed quite a few on my journey. One of my favorites lately is just being able to wrap a bathroom towel around myself, some things I'm sure others take for granted, but I get a kick out of it almost daily.