Favorite Health / Weight Loss / Working out Quotes

Options
I am a quote junky. I regularly share good ones I find with my MFP friends but thought I would start a thread here too. I find so much encouragement and inspiration, and sometimes a kick in the pants from other people's wise words.

Here are some of my favorites - feel free to add your own, and I will do the same. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like this sort of thing too, the more the merrier.

--

Emotional eating is an attempt to deal with a tough problem, feeling, or situation we don’t otherwise know how to deal with, and often don’t even know that we have without some kind of symptom to remind us. …..When we strip away the judgement of our emotional eating, and stop calling it a disease, a defect, a problem in and of itself; we can finally see it for what it is: An alert that something in our life needs our attention. Something completely unrelated to food or our weight. Be grateful for the reminder. Isabel Foxen Duke

There was a phantom woman in my mind that I was comparing myself to, and I had to force her from the dressing room. When she was gone, I looked at my body, the body that had kept me alive for nearly thirty years, without any serious health problems, the body that had taken me where I needed to go and protected me. I had never appreciated or loved the body that had done so much for me. I had thought of it as my enemy, as nothing more than a shell that enclosed my real self, but it wasn’t a shell. The body was me. This is your real life. You’re already living it. Sarai Walker

Doctors won’t make you healthy. Nutritionists won’t make you slim. Teachers won’t make you smart. Gurus won’t make you calm. Mentors won’t make you rich. Trainers won’t make you fit. Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself. – Naval Ravikant

Always remember: good things take time.

Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of you. —Unknown

Fitness is not about being better than someone else… It’s about being better than you used to be. – Khloe Kardashian

I don’t workout because I hate my body, I workout because I love my body.

If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.

In fitness, there are no shortcuts. It involves immense discipline and hard work. – Mahesh Babu

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryin

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale

No matter how slow you go you still lapping everyone on the couch.

The voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a liar.

Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. —Jerry Rice

You can either suffer the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. -Jim Rohn

Develop a healthy relationship with food. If you’re hungry, eat. If you’re full, don’t eat. Eat vegetables to be good to your body, but eat ice cream to be good to your soul. Take pictures of yourself frequently. Chronicle your life. Selfies are completely underrated. Even if the pictures are unflattering, keep them anyway. There will always be mountains and cities and buildings, but you will never look the same way as you did in that one moment in time. Your worth does not depend on how desirable someone finds you. Spend less time in front of the mirror and more time with people who make you feel beautiful. Tina Tran

Replies

• FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love this site. I also like reading motivational quotes. I keep a notebook that whenever I find something that strikes my fancy I write it down. In my personal journal at the bottom of each page is one of these quotes that affects how I am feeling that particular day. Keep up the good work!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,508 Member
    Options
    “Don’t cry, honey. It’s better than it was before.” ~ my husband, in reference to a house we were renovating, but I’ve found it to be true for many many things, including weight loss.

“Treat maintenance like you still have ten pounds to lose. “. ~another MFP’er, whose name I’ve forgotten
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head, my favorite, and I'll have to look it up later to credit who said it but "Eat less, live more."
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wish we could treat our bodies as the place we live from, rather than regard it as a place to be worked on, as though it were a disagreeable old kitchen in need of renovation and update. Susie Orbach
  • alisampm
    Options
    If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food. – Errick McAdams
  • alisampm
    Options
    Our bodies and their symptoms are our biggest allies in this endeavor because nothing gets our attention as quickly. Our bodies are a wonderful barometer of how well we’re living in the present and taking care of ourselves. Dr Christiane Northrup
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    This is an awesome thread. I’ve been reading a lot of weight loss inspired books lately and I often look at quotes and forums to try to keep me motivated but the idea of having a “pool of friends” who post these types of things on their MFP wall is really exciting to me. Right now most of my friends just have daily journal notifications so I need to beef up my “guest list.” Anyone interested in adding one another and somehow sharing stuff like this on the regular? I may even make a separate post for book related items. This is so awesome OP!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    "Never, never, never give up." Winston Churchill
  • allwoman77
    allwoman77 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have tank tops that read:
    "I won't quit, but I will cuss the whole time"
    " I work out because punching people is frowned upon"
    "I love burpies said NO ON EVER!"
    "I work out to burn off the crazy"
    I don't know who to credit for these quotes but they speak for what's in my heart when I'm doing HIIT cardio.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    "The person who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it." - Tricia Cunningham

"The road to good health is paved with good intestines!" - Sherry A. Rogers

"I don't want to wake up dead tomorrow and realize I didn't even try. Luck my *ss! Luck is just another word for hard work and an open mind!" - Ryan E. Day

Love love love this one...

"I am a better person when I have less on my plate." - Elizabeth Gilbert

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." - Elizabeth Berg
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great---Zig Ziglar
  • alisampm
    Options
    This is your body, your greatest gift, pregnant with wisdom you do not hear, grief you thought was forgotten, and joy you have never known. Marion Woodman
  • alisampm
    Options
    I compiled all my favorite quotes here - check them out.

Best Fitness and Nutrition Quotes of ALL Time: https://midsoulfitness.wordpress.com/2021/03/02/best-fitness-and-nutrition-quotes-of-all-time/