new to MFP- I'm hoping this helps. Any friends welcomed.

Options
I just discovered this site through my android. Before this I was tracking everything manually. Although it was working, it was a pain in the rump, and took a long time. This makes it so easy to track everything! So far I have dropped 52 lbs through diet and exercise. I need to get rid of the last 20 lbs, and it seems to be getting more difficult. I suppose it is time to step it up??

Replies

• danaclang
    Options
    Welcome!
    Maybe introduce more cardio into your routine?
  • franscott
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss...Its not easy! Maybe changing your workout routine or adding something new to it may help..i have heard that zig zagging your calories may also help. This app is awesome when it comes to filling your calories and exercise. I have tried a couple others but so far this is the easiest. Have a wonderful day!!
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Glad you found MFP! It's made the beginning of my weight loss journey so easy! I'm not an expert by any means so I don't have any advice to offer on how to get those last 20 pounds off, but wanted to welcome you! Good luck with the last leg of this journey!
  • Alogwood
    Alogwood Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I have been using MFP since Friday and have my first actual weigh in tomorrow, I have to weigh at work since I don't own a scale, I am excited too see if I lost anything....
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on your weight loss so far. This is a great place
  • daves160
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

The support is one of the best features of this site(I mean all of you of course). I did change one thing. I am starting a low glycemic (is that spelled right?) diet that my martial arts instructor gave me. So far it is really easy to stick to.

My cardio routine is pretty good already. 3-4 days of aerobic exercise in taekwondo. and 2-3 day of intense cycling. I tend to burn an average of 6000 to 7000 calories a week with those.

Keeping my fingers crossed.