Tired After Cardio Workout

Options
I recently started getting back into a consistent workout routine. Cardio and strength training - three times per week. When I do cardio, it varies from a half hour to 45 minutes. Why is it that I am tired after I perform it? I mean I feel like lying down after the workout is over with, but I don't. Again, I just got back into a consistent cardio routine. I guess over time I won't feel so exhausted once I build up my stamina again. Any advice?

Replies

• meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Cos youve just done a workout, I would be surprised if your body wasn't tired, Id think you weren't working hard enough if you weren't tired!

I did 30 day shred this morning (day 2) and I was tired afterwards had to sit down for at least 10 mins before I did anything! Then I eat some food and the energy comes back :) it'll get better I hope!

Happy exercising x
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Very normal after your workout. As you do it more consistently, you’ll see that it will take more for you to feel that way and you will probably start either extending your workout times or increasing the intensity. Great work!
  • msjaxn69
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    it gets better...i know im tired everytime, but about 30min after...i feel i can take on the world!