Looking for friends & to lose 100lb

Options
I’m Kayleigh, 34 years old, 247lb, first time mum with a 10 month old.

I’ve been fighting with my weight since I was a teenager. I actually looked good then but I struggled with body image and having curves when my friends didn’t. 20 years of fad diets have only seen my weight increase.

Now I’m married and have a baby girl. I don’t just want to lose weight. I want to be fit and healthy. I want to be a good role model for her and to be able to run around and enjoy her. It’s also important that I can continue making memories with my husband rather than being too scared to be seen.

The goal is to lose 100lb in 2021 in a healthy way by making permanent lifestyle changes.

The struggle is finding time for myself as the main parent during a pandemic when my husband is a key worker on nights.

I’d like to have some friends to help motivate and support each other. If you can share any experiences or suggestions that might help, I’d love to hear them. Please add me.

Replies

• emahoney25
    emahoney25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ! ‘My name is Endia and I’m 34 years old . I have a 6, 5 , and 2 year old! I gained a lot of weight during the pandemic about 50lbs . I work from home, got to school from home, and so do my babies. I really need to get this weight off me . Let’s Motivate each other we can do it
  • pynchonesque
    pynchonesque Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you both. ;) Let's be healthy and cheer each other on!
  • writingmyselffit
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Amanda, 31 years old, trying to lose around 95 pounds over this next year or two. 😬 Feeling a little daunted about it but health is the ultimate goal here. Would love to add you as a friend! Maybe we can cheer each other on.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Jan. I am 67 years old. I guess I am a bit older than you all, but I have the same goal!! Lose 100 lbs.!! I have done it once--so it is possible!! <3 I really need to work on portion control!! Hope you are all staying as safe as possible these days!! It can sure lead to comfort eating!! Maybe we can find a little comfort else where's than food!! It sure helps to share!!
  • Buttons61
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi !!
    Not the best choices, but under my calories by a little!!
    Happy Valentine's Day!!
  • sam06ana
    sam06ana Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Samana! 38 with about 100 lbs to lose. If you read this please add me!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!!!
    Usually the cold weather makes me want to eat. I have been having home made soups for supper, and that is working. Plenty of protein and vegetables. (the non starchy kind). This has been good for this week! I liked your idea of clearing out space, Kayleigh!
  • dferris40
    dferris40 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi! I’m Dawn. I’m 55 years old and NEED to lose over 100 pounds. I’m currently 287 pounds on a 5’7” frame, and have a family history of heart problems and stroke. I’m TERRIFIED that my weight will truly be the death of me, and I have three beautiful grandchildren to enjoy!! Plus one more on the way. I simply HATE how I look and how I feel, and how hard it is to do anything even minimally active like climb a flight of stairs or go and get the mail from the mailbox. Despite a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight on a low-carb plan, I actually GAINED 2 pounds! That’s because I give in to temptation too often and give up for days at a time because I feel hopeless. So today I started using My Fitness Pal. No more fad diets. I’m choosing quality fruits, vegetables, grains and lean meats. Can I stay away from the demon sweets? I hope so. I need help and encouragement from people. I need to be heard and appreciated. (I don’t get that in my life these days; single and living far from my kids/grandkids.) So THANK YOU for starting this community! I promise to support and encourage all of your, too. Let’s do this!!! 😀😀😀
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Dawn!!
    I am exactly the same way. I live by myself too except for one spoiled dog!! Love your enthusiasm!!! I find popcorn a blessing if I have hungry moments! Air popped. I had to wean away from the microwave kind!! :#
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,084 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me .... I had a total of 129 lbs to lose ... I have lost 53lbs so far with 76 lbs to go ......wishing you much success on your journey :)