Down 19 pounds with PCOS!

uwmegue410xw.jpeg

Replies

• pointonjl
    pointonjl Posts: 1 Member
    This is amazing! PCOS makes it so difficult to lose weight!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    I'm sorry but what is PCOS?
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    edited February 2021
    I believe it is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (please correct me if this is not correct). Good luck with your condition and also your weight loss is fantastic @tashahueifit and @WandRsmom that is so inspirational.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Wonderful work!! I have family members who have PCOS. They have NEVER used it as an excuse as well :) .
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    You are beautiful either way!! Fantastic job!!
  • tashahueifit
    tashahueifit Posts: 80 Member
    pointonjl wrote: »
    This is amazing! PCOS makes it so difficult to lose weight!

Thank you so much! 😍
  • tashahueifit
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    Great job! I have it as well and am down around 100lbs. I know how tough it can be. You're doing amazingly

100lbs! That’s phenomenal 🥰 what was it you did best to lose weight steadily?
  • tashahueifit
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Wait, you mean you can actually do it? According to Whitney Thore of "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" that it's almost impossible.

Congrats. Proving to people it can be done helps make it easier for excuses not to be valid. I have an overweight cousin who always complains about it (PCOS) but whenever I see her at parties, she's ALWAYS overeating.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I can relate to that because I used to ‘play the victim’ and use my PCOS as an excuse as well. 😅 But no more! Thank you so much for the compliment. 🥰
  • tashahueifit
    I'm sorry but what is PCOS?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome :)
  • tashahueifit
    I believe it is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (please correct me if this is not correct). Good luck with your condition and also your weight loss is fantastic @tashahueifit and @WandRsmom that is so inspirational.

You are right! Thank you so much for the compliment ❤️
  • tashahueifit
    Wait, you mean you can actually do it? According to Whitney Thore of "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" that it's almost impossible.

Congrats. Proving to people it can be done helps make it easier for excuses not to be valid. I have an overweight cousin who always complains about it (PCOS) but whenever I see her at parties, she's ALWAYS overeating.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This drives me kinda crazy. 😂

Life handed me a hurdle to climb not an excuse to avoid the work.

Yes it is difficult. But not impossible. It Just means I have to be on top of my diet (I still eat carbs I am not keto but I am mindful of them. That's it. Calorie deficit , watch the carbs. )

Can’t agree more! Did you have to cut out a lot of sugar as well? So far I have lost the weight through strength training and calorie deficit, but am trying to step it up by strictly going low carb and incorporating HIIT as well. What do you think?😄
  • tashahueifit
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Wonderful work!! I have family members who have PCOS. They have NEVER used it as an excuse as well :) .

Thank you!! Yes PCOS should never be an excuse to overeat + make your health even worse. ❤️
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yes it is difficult. But not impossible. It Just means I have to be on top of my diet (I still eat carbs I am not keto but I am mindful of them. That's it. Calorie deficit , watch the carbs. )

Can’t agree more! Did you have to cut out a lot of sugar as well? So far I have lost the weight through strength training and calorie deficit, but am trying to step it up by strictly going low carb and incorporating HIIT as well. What do you think?😄

Nope I didn't cut sugar at all. I am lower carb but not crazy low. I stay around 50-75g Carbs a day. Some times lower very rarely higher. I lift a lot of weights, I lift heavy and I eat in my cal deficit. I just can't do heavy carb days, once I have those rare 150 plus carb days I feel like he**.

Lots of luck!

• tashahueifit

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Nope I didn't cut sugar at all. I am lower carb but not crazy low. I stay around 50-75g Carbs a day. Some times lower very rarely higher. I lift a lot of weights, I lift heavy and I eat in my cal deficit. I just can't do heavy carb days, once I have those rare 150 plus carb days I feel like he**.

Lots of luck!

I see! Thank you so much and congratulations again on your tremendous success ❤️
  • Allydw89
    Allydw89 Posts: 6 Member
    Well done, I have pcos, i'm 65lb down but its a long journey!
  • tashahueifit
    Allydw89 wrote: »
    Well done, I have pcos, i'm 65lb down but its a long journey!

Wow! 65lbs is amazing!!! So proud of you. ❤️
    Thank you so much for the compliment as well 🥰
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!