Anyone here using a meal planning site like PlateJoy or eMeals?

Options
I'm trying PlateJoy, my sister is trying eMeals.

So far I like it. I'm one of those people who is usually a pretty lazy cook. My only seasoning is salt or maybe a sprinkle of "Italian Seasoning". When I'm trying to eat healthy, I'm usually eating plain chicken with plain vegetables.

Anyhow, I'm mostly using what they call 'batch meals' so I only cook every other day and it's enough for lunch and dinner for two days, then I cook again on the third day. It talks to Instacart, so I just order and have my spouse picks it up on his way home from work. He wants to be the one to do the grocery shopping, but, usually he forgets some key ingredient whenever I try to be creative. This cuts back on the missing items preventing me from making something.

So far it's all been really good. I'm good at following directions for cooking, but, I'm not good at planning. I'm using my own nutritional information instead of PlateJoy's, based on the recipe and the measurements of what I actually used.

Just curious if anyone else has used it before. Next week I think I'll set my carbs to 30 net per meal or less instead of 50 net, just so that I end up with more veggies and less oats and stuff.
I've only used it a couple weeks, so not a strong endorsement yet or anything.

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of PlateJoy before, but I am a big fan of Mealime. They have hundreds of meals to choose from and my favourite thing is that they populate a grocery list for you with the exact amount of items you need so there's no food waste (or less). You can select based on eating preference (e.g.: vegetarian) and limit your searches to exclude meals with foods you don't like (e.g.: if you don't like tomatoes say you don't like tomatoes and they won't include any meals with tomatoes).

You can see the nutritional information if you have the paid version but I weigh everything anyways so don't fully use that feature. And you can pick for 2,4, or 6 people. They've got some REALLY yummy things.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I have never heard of PlateJoy before, but I am a big fan of Mealime. They have hundreds of meals to choose from and my favourite thing is that they populate a grocery list for you with the exact amount of items you need so there's no food waste (or less). You can select based on eating preference (e.g.: vegetarian) and limit your searches to exclude meals with foods you don't like (e.g.: if you don't like tomatoes say you don't like tomatoes and they won't include any meals with tomatoes).

You can see the nutritional information if you have the paid version but I weigh everything anyways so don't fully use that feature. And you can pick for 2,4, or 6 people. They've got some REALLY yummy things.

That sounds pretty cool and like it has a lot of the same features with the bonus of being free. If I get bored of PlateJoy I may give it a try. With PlateJoy, it automatically generates your week of meals, but, you can hit swap on any you don't like. You can avoid ingredients- like I picked to avoid avocado as it gives me horrible stomach cramps sometimes. I set it to net carbs per meal 30 and under. I had it set to 50, but, ended up with too much oatmeal. lol
  • Imbetterthanthis
    Imbetterthanthis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m using EMeals. Used it six years ago and trying it again now. Like the food, doing the quick and healthy version. Just a little concerned as the calorie count they provide seems high and not accurate and the portions seems bit small and they don’t tell you how much a portion size is