Recommendations: Heart rate/calorie counter

Options
All - I am looking for recommendations of a good heart rate / Calorie monitor, counter!! I currently have a simple heart rate monitor and it does not give any calorie burned info. I would like one with a single button that will switch to the heart rate or calorie screen and stay there. I noticed on mine that it switches back to the time and i would have to hold the sensor to get another reading..

So, does anyone out there have a really good one that won't break the bank?

Thanks in advanced!

Rob..

Replies

• robm007
    robm007 Posts: 35
    Options
    All - I am looking for recommendations of a good heart rate / Calorie monitor, counter!! I currently have a simple heart rate monitor and it does not give any calorie burned info. I would like one with a single button that will switch to the heart rate or calorie screen and stay there. I noticed on mine that it switches back to the time and i would have to hold the sensor to get another reading..

So, does anyone out there have a really good one that won't break the bank?

Thanks in advanced!

Rob..
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I totally :heart: my Polar F6....the best thing of all, other than the necessities, is that you can LOCK the buttons!!! It rocks!! Check out the Polar website...you won't be disappointed :drinker:
  • robm007
    Options
    I'll google the Polar F6... thanks.. I hope it has the features i need!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar F6 too! :happy:
  • robm007
    Options
    I fell in love with the Polar FT60 ... WOW.. Price is also WOW!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    rob-
    What kind is yours?
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I love my polar f-6!!!
  • robm007
    Options
    I currently have a Mio classic (bought it at Walmart).... I caved!!! I ended up getting the Polar ft60. I picked it up new (sealed) from Ebay... $100 cheaper than the retail price.
  • MommaDot
    MommaDot Posts: 7
    Options
    I love my Polar F-6, too!!!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I was looking to invest in a HRM too.

1. I came across Polar F11M Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Grey Pepper, New Design) on Amazon.
    2. FA20 Activity Computer - http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/fitness_crosstraining/FA20

I heard good reviews on the above HRM's and the below item is something new I've been hearing about.

Fitbit here's the website - http://www.fitbit.com
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I totally :heart: my Polar F6....the best thing of all, other than the necessities, is that you can LOCK the buttons!!! It rocks!! Check out the Polar website...you won't be disappointed :drinker:

totally agree, and it works even better when I remember to put it on! :laugh:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was looking into HRM for about a month now and did A LOT of research of them. The polar F6 seems to be the best buy but i just couldn't get over the price $110 in most places. I found one on e-bay for $99 with free shipping (New not used) and got it last week. I have to say I really like it and I am glad i bought it. I was a little worried about the comfort and ease of use, but i don't even feel it and it has really opened my eyes. Some of the machines at the gym are right on, but others are way way off. Even my trainer didn't realize how badly they were off.

It is great to have the calorie counter on there too. I was way off on what i thought i was burning. I have to say bite the bullet and invest in a good one. Good luck.
  • robm007
    Options
    I was ready to buy the f11.. I really liked the features! But I saw I can get the ft60 for the same price, I just had to. Google "polar ft60"... Awesome watch. I didn't realize Polar was so popular till this coversation.