Eurybe Warriors - Week 3 (Closed Group)

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right?

Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

Replies

• lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Week THREE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series. Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Bump!
  • woohoo!!! lets do this!!
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Ready...and I WILL make my scale show me something wonderful next Sunday. Or it goes out the window. (the scale...not the search for my waistline)
  • tbhoover
    Ready...and I WILL make my scale show me something wonderful next Sunday. Or it goes out the window. (the scale...not the search for my waistline)

I am with you on this one!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    SOooo happy to see bear crawls and burpees off the list this week!!
  • tbhoover
    SOooo happy to see bear crawls and burpees off the list this week!!

Ageed!
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Bump!
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Yeah!
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    I've had enough of "Fatty". This week, I'm takin' her down! *raises spear and growls* Who's with me?!?!?!
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Bump!!! =)
  • lukybug
    I've had enough of "Fatty". This week, I'm takin' her down! *raises spear and growls* Who's with me?!?!?!

Yes, I feel the same. I keep saying "die fatty die!" LOL
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    it's the midway point of this month's challenge and i'm just curious as to whether we are still a team of 10.
  • topaz2986

I'm with ya! I'm growlin!!
  • lukybug
    it's the midway point of this month's challenge and i'm just curious as to whether we are still a team of 10.

Pretty sure we are. I'm just waiting on rosy to get back with me. She been logging so I'd imagine she's doing the challenge still. Not too shabby being in week 3 in we still *knocking on wood now* have 10 people.

Now if the scales would start cooperating, we'd be able to kill it in the points with the weight loss. We're doing great w/ the cals and challenges.

Even though most of the scales aren't cooperating, let's keep up the great work!
  • lukybug
    Finally!!!!! After a month long plateau the scale moved. I know a lot of us are at a plateau right now. Change something up. I added a day to my workout and started drinking green tea over the last week and viola! We can do this you guys. I wanted to quit so bad because it just seemed easier. Well, the proof is in the pudding that anything worth while isn't easy. Put forth the effort and the end result will be a good one :smile:
  • tbhoover
    Im gonna try the green tea. I have some but I keep forgetting about it.

I'm on my 2nd T.O.M. since my son was born and I am thinking it is screwing with me. Its been really weird. Im hoping that has something to do with the scale not moving.
  • topaz2986
    I'll give green tea a try, too. i have plenty of it and also keep forgetting about it.

Does anyone get a warning message when you're under calories about going into starvation mode?
    Sometimes I use my exercise calories and sometimes not. When I don't use them, I get that message about starvation mode
    and my body storing fat. GOD FORBID
    I'm thinking part of my stall is using those extra calories....I wonder if just keeping to my 1200 will help.
    Any thoughts or advice? I need my scale to move....I don't want to be jiggly anymore!!
  • tbhoover
    I keep telling myself "dont give up"...but I want to just throw in the towel.

Im sitting on the couch last night and as usual my husband pulls out the french onion dip and potato chips (every night!) and Im like WTF!? He can eat that junk every day and doesnt gain an ounce and yet I am counting calories and working out...and today Im up a pound!

Our dear team captain :o) Reviewed my diary and we discussed that maybe i need to increase my calories so Im gonna give that a try. I know that that breastfeeding could also be causing me to stall. I know that is common. Im not of those people that breastfeeding makes me lose weight. I seem to hold on to it. So honestly the fact that Ive lost just of 25lbs while breastfeeding is an accomplishment. I have just never stalled like this when I still have so much weight to lose.

Ok...today's complaint complete :o)
  • lukybug
    Okay, bear with me ladies as I'm gonna break it down for ya :wink: The whole calorie thingy...the ONLY time you will receive the message about eating too few calories is when you haven't EATEN a minimum of 1,200 calories. NOT netted 1,200 calories for the day. If you go into your diary, the bottom has 3 rows. The first row is total what you've consumed so far for the day. This figure does not take into consideration any exercise calories at all. The second row, your daily goal, if you look at it first thing in the morning before logging any exercise, this is what MFP has you set at to eat a day. IT WILL NEVER BE LESS THAN 1,200. I suggest not customizing the calorie figures until you know what your body needs to not be in starvation mode. Mine/MFP is currently set at 1,310. It will go down as you loose weight. I used to be at 1,360 and just recently dropped to 1,310 from the last weigh in. Also the second row, after you log your exercises, the numbers will increase based on what you logged. The last row is what is remaining for you to eat that day which will include your exercise calories for the day. The point is this, pay attention to the first row and that number and make sure it is NEVER below 1,200 for that day.

My next suggestion would be for all of you who currently believe you are at a plateau, go back to your settings and change your calories to what MFP suggests. A lot of you have 1,200 in for your daily allowance. I'm not an expert, but I've been doing this for almost a year and I'm here to tell ya, you need to eat more. Your body is in starvation mode. Especially those of you who have been eating under 1,200 a day AND exercising on top of that.

I know we all have this preconceived notion that weight gain and being "fat" is from eating. Please know, the lack of eating will have the same effect. Don't be afraid to eat! Change your settings to what MFP suggests and try this for a week or two. Again, I don't claim to be an expert, but please take my advise on this. And if it doesn't work, you can tell me to shut up LOL

Love you ladies!!! Even though our weight loss hasn't been the highest in this challenge, I still think we have a super awesome team!!!