MFP friends, need a few suggestions please!

Options
Goodmorning MFP. I need a few suggestions.. What are foods that are healthy / good for you that are high in fat? I believe I need to switch up my eating habits a bit. I do eat healthy, but most of the time I'm over in carbs & high in protein.. Which isn't bad, it is all complex carbs. I'm going to start adding in more veggies such as spinach, zucchini, green beans (my favorite veggies) but I just need more ideas, I'm still learning more & more everyday. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Avocado, olive oil, nuts, and flax seed.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Salmon.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Nuts would be good...
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nuts, avocado, peanut butter. Good luck, I think your diary looks great! Keep it up!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    How about adding some more colours to your vegetables as well. Peppers, Carrots, squashes - butternut, spaghetti squash, acorn.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    don't forget seeds, sunflower and pumpkin are good. I love roasted unsalted sunflower seeds in my salad or yogurt.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Avocado and nuts. High in GOOD fats. They stay with you longer than other bad fat filled foods.
    I love avocado with everything, on a hamburger, chicken burger, turkey burger, with eggs, on salad, with grilled chicken...there is really nothing that avocado doesn't go good with.
    Nuts are great on a salad too.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Avocado and nuts. High in GOOD fats. They stay with you longer than other bad fat filled foods.
    I love avocado with everything, on a hamburger, chicken burger, turkey burger, with eggs, on salad, with grilled chicken...there is really nothing that avocado doesn't go good with.
    Nuts are great on a salad too.

I love sunflower seeds and slivered almonds on my salad, as opposed to croutons! So much better for you too!
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to experiment w/ a homemade nut and seed bar recipe today. If it turns out well, I'll let you know!
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I make homemade vinegar and flax oil dressings; add your own seasonings or pomegranite juice or other juices for flavor. It adds good fats to your diet and has great flavor.:smile: