how often do you.....?

Options
record your weight?

Is once a week the norm for everyone or does everyone go for longer/shorter time? x

Replies

• mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    im pretty consistent with my loss so for me yea its once a week
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once per week, weighing in at the same time, naked. I do weigh myself everyday though.
  • cmduncan
    Options
    I usually weigh each day too, but only post it once a week, on the same day. The others are just to check in or survey damage.
  • TexasLali
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time, but the one that counts and that I record is the "chosen" one on Thursday morning without clothes.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    record your weight?

Is once a week the norm for everyone or does everyone go for longer/shorter time? x
    I think once a week is sufficient. Your body is going to go through natural fluctuations during the week and doing it each day will only make you divorce your scale. If you're not overly-anxious about the results, every other week or once a month should be plenty. But if your goal is to lose, not maintain, then once a week should be fine. :)
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday but since weight fluxuates daily it got me down. I think on here I will weigh either once a week on sundays.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week.
    some people weigh in once a month.
  • pablakeman
    Options
    I weigh every day as am a bit obsessed, but record once a week :)
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Once a week. Friday mornings. When the scale moves, I update my weight and then I really motivated for the weekend to say No thanks when tempted by empty calories at weekend functions.

Empty calories, cake, cookies, brownies, ice cream, potato chips, french fries.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Ahh well it depends on my mood and my current level of crazy, once a week or two ish no set day or time of day, but only if there is a loss. If there is a gain I quietly tip toe away and pretend it never happened and come back to it in a week or so. But sometimes I weigh myself more than that once in a while when crazy strikes I will weigh myself multiple times a day, but I try to avoid this whenever possible. But ultimately we are all on our own journey, so do what works best for you not only with your personal goals but also for your emotional state.
  • strmridr1959
    Options
    I weigh and record daily. I have a digital scale which shows everything pretty accurately, and every time I show a loss it really really boosts my resolve. I get more determined than ever to keep pushing as hard as I can when I exercise. Even days when I don't lose anything though, that ramps up my determination as well. I tell myself "Well, I just have to work harder" and I do. So far almost every day has shown a loss, and I know I'll hit plateaus some time (I did before), but that's when I just bear down and work harder to get through them.

Take it as a challenge, or a confidence booster, or both, and it can help you to succeed. Never look at it as a negative thing and it won't be negative to you.
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. My weight is constantly fluctuating, by as much as 4 pounds on a daily basis. I worry that if I only weighed once a week, it would be on the day that my water weight was up.