BC Canada - Looking for MFP Friends to continue the Success

Options
Hi - my name is Ben - says that adding a friend will increase your chances of sticking to the task of weight loss - I have been on for 25 days now and lost almost 10lbs and I have added 4 friends and where it seems so far one of them (that's you Susan) is sticking to it as well - I find that the shared encouragement is terrific - and I know sticking to it is tough - so I am looking for more MFP weight loss buddies to share the encouragement - at a 25% retention rate, I will be asking a lot- but you can then ask these friends, from my friends list - hope you are interested and add me as a friend - BTW if you are local - Okanagan BC (Vernon-Kelowna-Penticton area) I am thinking that with better weather there maybe opportunities to have MFP friends meet up for walk on the Greenway in Kelowna ( I will be bringing my Aussie Shepard, Jasmine) or maybe even more ambitious hike, like a walk to Paul's Tomb or to the top of Knox Mtn.,,Maybe you know of a nice hike ?

( I use an app Endomondo to track these outdoor walks- otherwise using a treadmill, and a weighted vest at times- it is cool as it hooks up using iFit to use google maps streetview - I walk anywhere in the world - fun stuff)

if you are not into this but know someone who might please do pass on the info

Cheers,
Ben

Replies

• dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Cute dog! I'm a B.C.er too. I lived in Kelowna for a bit. Loved it, haha. Knot Mtn was a great hike, and it was so nice to have a spot to go kyaking right in the middle of the city. I'm on the Island now, but feel free to add me. I'm super dedicated to dropping these last 20lbs, and even more so to getting in better shape :)
  • ben_100
    ben_100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi DinoParty - look forward to adding you as a friend and sharing encouragement :D
  • ben_100
    Options
    Adding friends - thanks my new MFP buddies
  • ben_100
    Options
  • ben_100
    Options
    Any kelowna people out there?
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I'm not from kelowna but enjoy living the Okanagan life in vernon!
  • ben_100
    Options
    Hi Out there in the Okanagan... How you handling this cold spell ?
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm down here on the Lower Mainland in the Tri Cities.

Love the Okanagan! I would so one day like to hike up Knox Mtn. It's so beautiful when you get to the top. One place I'd definitely look at retiring too but I still have 8 yrs left too work.:(
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open and here daily.