P90X

Options
I want to order P90X! Who has it and what do you think of it?

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Doing it right now. A week in. You won't regret buying it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Its brilliant. Great all round body conditioning program :bigsmile: I think the next version is out now tho, so you may want to look into that one.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    its pretty good, i have the insanity challenge and think its amazing. i like it because you dont have to buy all the weights and stuff that u need for p90x. you use ur own body weight and it makes u sweat like a crazy person
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    We just purchased it yesterday and are starting it tomorrow. It looks awesome. I have heard Beachbody is the best place to purchase it but we were fortunate enough to find a new in box set on Craigslist for $55 bucks! Yeah love a bargain!
  • coracbeck
    Options
    It's absolutely worth every penny! I did it before my wedding and actually could see my abs a month in! You definitely have to commit to it though. I would suggest finding someone - even an online someone to do the round with you so you can support one another to stay on track. I plan on starting another round in October. Happy X-ing!!
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I did the whole 90 days last years and was extremely impressed, lost 25lbs, 6 inches around my waist and 4 from my hips. Following the diet plan in very important! Good luck with your success!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Have it, Do it, Love it. I'm halfway thru my 2nd round. I didn't lose any weight during the 1st round but i toned. If you don't have a lot to lose and just want to firm up it's fantastic. this time i'm adding more cardio (5k runs) at least 3 days a week plus the P90X. I read the nutrition plan...but found it much easier to just set my goals here to correspond with the recommended % for carbs/protein/fats and i'm eating only lean meats and cut out all processed carbs (for the most part).
  • rsqsquad05
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 and am so happy with the results so far. My profile pic is before and 30 days into the program. I haven't follwed the diet plan, I have just been using MFP to help watch what I eat. I get light headed and shaky without carbs. Good Luck!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I started it last Monday and think it's pretty good. Hard work, but because of the variety, something new aches each day. I love the Kenpo and Plyo, but found the Yoga hardest.

I wrote some practical stuff up about my first week here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/goron59/view/p90x-week-1-observations-of-a-beginner-146570

If anyone's just starting out, feel free to add me as a friend as it's really nice to have support during P90X!
  • tyrownp
    Options
    I also started Monday, loving it so far, I don't really follow the meal plan either, I just track on mfp and I also do additional cardio on top of it. It will challenge you like everyone has said so far, but from all the before and after pics of people who have done it just on here alone, I had to try it.
  • guzziguymike
    guzziguymike Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have it and used it for one round (90 days) . Is it a great workout? Yes. Will you see results? Yes. Is is for everyone? No.

Here are the good and the bad of P90X ....

Good: Great program that will help you burn fat and build muscle --- choice is yours, lean muscle or pack it on muscle!

Bad: Not for everyone, and poor demonstration of how to safely perform the exercises --- has kept orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists busy with its success.

Would I recommend the program: YES!

Would I suggest you take some time to learn how to perform each exercise safely: YES!

Final recommendation: Find a GOOD certified personal trainer to show how to safely execute each exercise for maximum benefit. It is important to note, ANYONE can get a certificate online.

Good luck on all your health and fitness goals.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    It's SUPER best workouts ive done and doing yet i am sooooooooooooooooo pleased wih it! :love:
  • teshaerwin
    Options
    Thanks for all the info! I am torn between p90X and Chalean Extream. Im not sure what one I am going to go with but they both look good! I am down to goal weight but I am looking to lean out more and build muscle:happy:
    Aganin thank you all, and good luck on your fitness journey!
    Tesha