Starting Over

I've used MFP under a different name before, but only lost 16lbs (a tenth of my goal at the time) and fell off the bandwagon. Since then, I have had some difficulties in my life and I have been put on a new medication that has caused me to gain a lot of weight quickly. Through this, I don't know that I really expect to lose much weight until I am off the medication again (in April) but I really want to stave off gaining any more weight because I can't let myself get any bigger than I already am. I am estimating myself at around 300lbs now which I am very ashamed to admit. I know I use food as an emotional crutch so I need to get out of that habit. I guess I need some true support from this site to be as successful as possible.
-Lissa

Replies

• I think it's great that your starting over. That is a huge step in itself. Hope you acheive your goals:)
  • phnx72
    phnx72 Posts: 47 Member
    I totally fell off too, but we can get through this! You can add me if you want, I'd be more than happy to help keep you motivated if I can.
  • pkth
    pkth Posts: 4
    Welcome back. I too am starting over. I tried this program for several months, lost nothing. My weight is up and down by a few
    pounds. I try, I exercise and feel I eat healthy; not sure what I'm doing wrong but it is frustrating. I've recently stopped smoking and also gone thru menopause....argh......Good luck this time Lissa.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    starting over again myself, was here back in January and lost 16lb, stopped logging and it started to go back on again. Well dione for coming back, its a step in the right direction and I wish you the best of luck x
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Even with medication that can have a tendency to cause a weight increase, don't rule out the possibility of being able to lose weight while on it. Good luck!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    When I started here I didn't have a scale. I estimated that I was at around 320..... When I finally got a scale I realized that I was actually closer to 340. Which was so disheartening because just a year and a half ago I was down to 307 and on a really great weight loss path... Then life happened.

Since joining MFP I've only lost around 15pounds (plus a little bit more from when I didn't have a scale) and I've fallen off the wagon numerous times, but unlike in the past, I get back on rather than wallow in defeat.

I'll add you as a friend.
  • Thank you all so much for the encouragement and support. I am trying to come into this as optimistic as possible and everyone has put a smile on my face and made me realize that I can fight this battle.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    I lost fifteen (190->175), got caught up in school, and stoped doing it, and just maintained (well gained about 5 lbs back). Now Im restarting, going full force. Stick with it, and there is a great community here of people to support and guide you on the way!
  • Fitdiva83
    Fitdiva83 Posts: 51 Member
    Startover again myself ...I have just been lazy and eating carbs. At least you logged in today be proud of that.