Cheat Meal

Options
Hello to all!!! I want to chat about cheat meals. I find myself having a hard time to have a cheat meal and it only being one cheat meal a week. I feel like i done went and messed my day up so then i continue to make bad choices. Just can't seem to get back on track the day I have a cheat meal. This is a real problem for me right now. I am really struggling to get that last 10lbs off!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Michelle9939
    Options
    Right now if you tend to cheat the rest of the day after your cheat meal, just try to not have a cheat meal. Or when you do have a cheat day, make sure you do some kind of exercise.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well, really, who says you HAVE to have a cheat meal? My wife & I don't have any set "cheat meals;" we're actually happier when we eat healthy (and we we have to "cheat," like when we went to Red Robin with a friend last month, we eat light the rest of the day so that we stay under on calories).

If the cheat meal is messing you up, just don't do it!
  • cat364
    Options
    I try not to have cheat meals but as a working Mum I have to be realistic. We tend to have take away once at the weekend and so I factor this into my meals. I enjoy my takeaway as quite frankly I earn it... however, the following day, I will usually endeavour to exercise more. :smile:
  • KitsuneSakakino
    Options
    I just posted a topic similar, a lot of people swear a planned "cheat day" works for them, some don't. Starting next week I'll be taking a Zumba class on Fridays so Friday will be my official "Cheat day", can you do something similar?
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    For me, I just can't do a cheat day or meal. It's a slippery slope that I normally lack the self control to get back on track.

But after I roasted those Hatch green chiles last night, I just had to have some on pizza. So hopefully back on track today! lol
  • kerri007
    Options
    i have recently had a cheat meal. so i ate good for breakfast and mid lunch then had my yummy meal for lunch, i had pasta wings bread and a dessert and a drink. then i was mostly full the rest of the day but still managed to eat under my calories by just eating veggies b4 bed. i went 10 days eating clean then my 1 meal then back at another 10. then next day i wasnt craving any crappy food. hope that helps?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't have a cheat meal, then.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i don't do weekly. or monthly. i have holidays. birthday, christmas, thanksgiving, anniversary with the fiance. Thats pretty much it. once a week turns into twice a week which turns into three times a week etc. you can still eat foods you want on a weekly basis without cheating. if i know i'm going out to dinner with friends, i'll get in a good workout and be conscious of what i eat during the day so i can get something that isnt rabbit food at dinner (i still try to find low cal options, just not as low cal as i usually would). if you want some ice cream after dinner, have a salad for lunch to fit it in. it's a lot of preplanning and balance, but its worth it. try to get to know the calorie content of stuff from certain restaurants too...it makes it easier to know what you can/can't fit into your calories for the day
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals don't have to be incredibly unhealthy. It can be something like chicken tacos or snacks like gluten free brownies or banana bread.
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. Im thinking maybe i shouldnt have a cheat meal until i hit my goal and then maybe i wont feel so quilty and will be able to get right back on track. I really like idea of 10 clean days in between cheat meals. I guess i feel like i need to have a cheat meal sometime so i dont feel deprieved. Darn these last 10lbs are kicking my booty!!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I guess i feel like i need to have a cheat meal sometime so i dont feel deprieved.

So, what are you eating for regular and for cheating? As i said, my wife & I feel better when we eat healthier; we have yet to feel deprived of anything!