Cutting carbs out to lose weight

Options
I think it depends on your body make up. I personally don't think it's good to cut all carbs out but to choose good options to make the carbs worth it. ( Rice, sweet potatoes, etc) but people's bodies react differently some need carbs to burn fat others don't. It's important to find out what's best for you.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Think about this. Go to Asian countries and see how much carbs they eat. They see what their obesity level is. Why is that? It's basically because the majority of Asians just don't over consume. Partially because of cost, the other because of availability.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of the basis for the statement that some people need carbohydrates to burn fat and others don't. I don't think there is evidence that anyone REQUIRES carbohydrates to burn fat. If someone was at a deficit eating just fat and protein, I'd expect them to lose weight just like anyone would at a deficit.

This hypothetical person would likely have nutritional deficiencies and who knows how much they'd LIKE the diet. That's a whole other issue.
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    FreyaSol wrote: »
    I think it depends on your body make up. I personally don't think it's good to cut all carbs out but to choose good options to make the carbs worth it. ( Rice, sweet potatoes, etc) but people's bodies react differently some need carbs to burn fat others don't. It's important to find out what's best for you.

Everyone's bodies are made up of the same chemicals, and we all lose weight in the same way - by consuming fewer calories than we expend