Bummer day - Gained 2lbs

Options
smithtraciem
smithtraciem Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Well...I am frustrated today! I can’t believe I gained 2lbs...yesterday I rode my stationary bike for 1.5 hours and did a 4 mile walk...do you think it could be water retention?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost since Jan11?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,592 Member
    Options
    One day doesn't define your overall month.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Just take a dump and you will lose 4lbs.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose water weight?
    Or fat weight?

See the gorilla's response above if the latter.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    They call it Fat Tuesday for a reason.

You'll be fine.
  • smithtraciem
    smithtraciem Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lol! Thank you all!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Well...I am frustrated today! I can’t believe I gained 2lbs...yesterday I rode my stationary bike for 1.5 hours and did a 4 mile walk...do you think it could be water retention?

Of course it's water...or waste, etc...to gain 2 Lbs of actual fat in a day you would have to consume 7000 calories over your maintenance calories.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to take the swings in stride. It’s shocking at first, but it’s been happening your whole life. You just weren’t weighing regularly to notice it.

There’s weight trending apps you can use to “smooth” the graph. Personally, I like seeing the jagged ups and downs. It keeps me in line, and aware of “what did I do yesterday that may have caused this spike today”. But I dont gnaw on it like I did at the beginning. That didn’t accomplish anything.

It could be a hundred reasons: water retention if you’re sore from the exercise, time of month, something salty or extra carbs that you ate, heck some would even say full moon.

This too shall pass.

(My nicer version of the dump comment above.)
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    It could be water, it could be that your weighing at a different time of the day. Don't let 1 day get you down. It's a journey to success not a sprint. Also from all your efforts did you lose inches? Many times when I plateau weight wise I lose inches. So don't be so hard on yourself for just one bad scale reading. You will get there it takes time and patience. ❤❤
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I agree... It's just water.

I'm doing great right now... Losing weight steadily. Yet some days I can wear my engagement ring on my right hand finger easily, and other days I simply can't. That's why I prefer monthly weigh in's opposed to every day or weekly, as daily and even weekly weigh ins are easily overshadowed by water retention for various reasons.