Exercises You Hated But Now Love

Options
2»

Replies

• deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Bench Press. Bothered my back and shoulders. Finally bought a Super Bench (Precor). I raise it to 15 degrees. Back and shoulders are happy.
  • nataliepate25
    nataliepate25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hate the dumbbell exercise for my arms. I don't know why, but I am not interested in that. That’s why I started doing arm workouts without any gym equipment.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Running! When I weighed 110 lbs more than now it was awful. I’d get shin splints and be winded almost immediately. But now I find I really enjoy the simplicity and have no pain. I also feel proud of myself almost every time I get out. I’m slow and working out bad form but I can run for an hour and a half without dying!!
  • JGT001
    JGT001 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Using the elliptical is probably the top of my list... the first time I tried it, I made it about 2 or 3 minutes & threw in the towel. One of the trainers kept encouraging me, telling me to "just go one minute longer" until I was up to 30-45 minutes with no problem. I've added more variety to workouts, but still get on the elliptical just about every trip to the gym. Might just be a few minutes to warm up or maybe 30 minutes of cardio... but it's become a staple.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Just all cardio in general for me. Other than bike riding all over the city when I was a kid to get to friends, I hated cardio as a kid and teen (even playing sports). Detested it. Just didn't realize that cardio, like other things, takes a lot of hard work. It seemed to me that anyone should be able to run a mile or two miles, but I couldn't and just figured it was asthma or allergies. No, it was I was never in decent cardio shape.

I ran for 7 years until I couldn't when I lost the weight (right knee chronic runner's knee) but now I bike and do indoor rowing (as well as Assault Bike and Stairmaster machines). I love cardio now. Do it at least five or six hours a week.

Just getting back to decent lifting after battling a back injury for two years.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I used to hate running, I was not at all athletic as a kid and didn't become a "runner" until my late 30's. Even then I didn't really like it because I always thought I wasn't doing it right, needed to do intervals, needed to get faster, or train for a race, and was constantly beating myself up. Once I let go of all that noise and realized that I just love a nice steady run at my own pace (and of course it was still healthier than not running and I didn't have to be "perfect") I enjoyed it so much more. I can't do it anymore because of tri-compartmental knee osteoarthritis - but I am holding out hope that if I lose enough weight I might be able to run again someday.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Running... I used to hate it because it was so hard....

6 years later it's still hard, but I love it, and I cant imagine not running.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I started doing Fitness Blender videos about 3 months ago and haaaattttteeeeddd the push ups. I wouldn't say I exactly love them now, but there is something so very delightful about persisting and overcoming and feeling the building strength in those muscles. I am now a person who joyfully does pushups!!