Important question

Options
Hey guys , getting a cosmetic surgery In November but possibly as soon as next month.One thing Though can't work out for 4-6 weeks , only gotta take a week off of work as far as that goes but going that long without working out will be pretty rough.Any advice on any ways to prevent me from gaining quite a bit of weight while going without working out , I don't mind being the weight I am now but really don't wanna gain any.Thanks

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Just watch what you eat. Eat maintenance and try to walk as much as you are able.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey guys , getting a cosmetic surgery In November but possibly as soon as next month.One thing Though can't work out for 4-6 weeks , only gotta take a week off of work as far as that goes but going that long without working out will be pretty rough.Any advice on any ways to prevent me from gaining quite a bit of weight while going without working out , I don't mind being the weight I am now but really don't wanna gain any.Thanks

you should be able to lose without doing exercise, mfp sets your calories at a deficit before any exercise anyway.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    ok good , I have bad luck sometimes and knowing my luck i'd get fat so good thing it don't work that way lol
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm getting implants done in December. I'm cutting down to 1,200 calories a day. It's going to be a big change from what I'm eating now (because I'm taking it more from all the extreme exercising I'm doing). Just keep your deficit. Doctor said I could start walking within a week so it shouldn't be too bad.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EAT JUNK! Stay on your calories 1200-1300 all clean healthy foods. You can maintain untill you gt back to it. PS people can loose weight by changing what they are eating. with little to know exercise. exercise and activity is important but some people cant always do it.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    Thats what i'm getting done springtrio , and yes I will definetly try my best to eat healthy , figured stuff like salads and things like that
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I worked in a plastic surgery center for years. The Mds. there always allowed someone to walk though they requested they monitor their blood pressure. Not power walk mind you, stroll. A few of the docs actually requested their patients walk in order to speed the healing process. Some doctors believe in asking their patients to become veggies while they heal, other want their patients to move about as much as is comfortable. Research. Use commone sense. Good luck!!!!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thats what i'm getting done springtrio , and yes I will definetly try my best to eat healthy , figured stuff like salads and things like that

Good luck with them. I'm nervous, but ready to get it done.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    Yeah me too , been wanting it a while now
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    FYI- for a couple weeks after surgery you WILL have water retention! It is normal and necessary for healing. Don't freak out when the scale goes up 5-10 pounds. As long as you keep your intake inline you will be fine and the water weight will go down on its own around week 3-4. Keep your water going to flush the saline, drugs and chemicals from your tissues.

Good Luck!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EAT JUNK! Stay on your calories 1200-1300 all clean healthy foods. You can maintain untill you gt back to it. PS people can loose weight by changing what they are eating. with little to know exercise. exercise and activity is important but some people cant always do it.

This.