Hello, everyone.

Options
Hello. My name is Aimee. I am a serial dieter.

I was a fat kid. I grew into a fat teenager. But I'll be damned if I carry those bad habits into adulthood.

At my heaviest, I was 270 lbs. That's, like, three Olsen Twins. Even with my 5'9" frame, that's not a good look. And don't even get me started on how awful my asthma and endurance was. To make things even more awesome, this was my senior year of high school. While all of the other girls were giggling about prom and dating and shopping, I had locked myself in my bedroom and felt very much a prisoner in my own body.

So I decided to make a change. I changed my diet to limit junk food. I took the family dog on long walks between class and work. Before I knew it, I'd shed 40 lbs. Enter college. I absolutely did not want to succumb to the "Freshman 15". My dad and I joined a gym and made a commitment to go 3-4 times a week. By the end of my freshman year, I'd managed to lose an additional 60 lbs. Unfortunately, things got a little crazy at that point. The demands of school, work and dating made keeping a fitness regimen difficult. Over the next 5 years, I gained some and lost some and gained some more. Until I found that I'd gained about 40 lbs back.

Enter 2011. I'm living with a wonderful man who makes fitness a part of his life. Together, we go on 20-mile bike rides. Work out at the gym about 3 times a week. And walk to as many places as we can. He says that I keep him motivated, and I know he does the same for me. I'm happy and healthy (and I've already lost 20 lbs). Recently, my best friend asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next summer and I want to look fabulous and feel fabulous.

That's why I'm here: to drop 40 lbs in the next 10 months and keep it off.

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome...with MFP and your drive, I know you will meet your goals!
  • mrpearson253
    mrpearson253 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this seems like a good place to be then...lots of like-minded people all here for the same reason. :) Just keeping track of things was a good start for me, being aware of just how much (and how often) I was eating. I was a serial snacker, I'd get home from work and snack my way through dinner time, then more snacks before bed. No wonder I didn't stop until I was near 290!

Mark