Let's talk ICE CREAM

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
I don't limit anything I eat except for portions and calories. ICE CREAM is a staple in my lifestyle diet. I eat it just about every night.

FAVORITE FLAVOR: Ben and Jerry's CHUNKY MONKEY 300 cal per serving (1/2 cup)

CURRENT GO TO: Signature Select Ice Cream cups (Chocolaty Sundae) 150 cal per cup

I'll alternate between the 2 but I STILL GET TO EAT ICE CREAM!!!!!

What's your guy's favorite?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I don't limit anything I eat except for portions and calories. ICE CREAM is a staple in my lifestyle diet. I eat it just about every night.

FAVORITE FLAVOR: Ben and Jerry's CHUNKY MONKEY 300 cal per serving (1/2 cup)

CURRENT GO TO: Signature Select Ice Cream cups (Chocolaty Sundae) 150 cal per cup

I'll alternate between the 2 but I STILL GET TO EAT ICE CREAM!!!!!

What's your guy's favorite?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I'm with you on Chunky Monkey! Preferably in a chocolate-dipped waffle cone :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    Rum raisin but it is hard to find.

Also Baskin-Robbins’ Baseball Nut.
  • kiwilimeade
    kiwilimeade Posts: 14 Member
    We usually buy Umpqua brand. I've found it's a good value and very creamy. Would love to do ben and jerry's but i hate paying so much for the little container.

Does anyone do the all banana homemade ice cream? I've heard it's a good substitute, and I've been thinking about trying it so I can eat more ice cream for the same amount of calories :sweat_smile:
  • JustaNoob
    JustaNoob Posts: 147 Member
    Breyers Chocolate Truffle. It's so satisfying.
  • JustaNoob
    JustaNoob Posts: 147 Member
    We usually buy Umpqua brand. I've found it's a good value and very creamy. Would love to do ben and jerry's but i hate paying so much for the little container.

Does anyone do the all banana homemade ice cream? I've heard it's a good substitute, and I've been thinking about trying it so I can eat more ice cream for the same amount of calories :sweat_smile:

I have. 5/10.

It tasted like I should make it into a smoothie.
  • kiwilimeade
    kiwilimeade Posts: 14 Member
    @JustaNoob that's unfortunate but good to know. Thanks! Maybe I'll try it as a dessert alternative but not think of it as "ice cream".
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,101 Member
    I don't do small portions of ice cream 😁 about once a week I share a pint of Ben & Jerry's with my BF. Chunky Monkey and chocolate fudge brownie are our favorites, Cone Together is a nice recent discovery.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Hand dipped I like Kawartha Dairy Black Raspberry Thunder.

I like a Costco vanilla soft serve caramel sundae too.

But my all time favourite is vanilla soft serve dipped in maple white chocolate from Chocolat Favoris.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Anything with chocolate chip cookie dough in it 🤤
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Magnum salted caramel fan here. Almost every day after my workout.
    🙂
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've done the frozen banana ice cream. It's OK, it's good if you like bananas. The impressive part is mostly how it takes on a soft-serve/Frosty texture, I would not have guessed that's what frozen bananas do when you blend them up but I suppose it makes sense.

I like all kinds of ice cream - I'm picking up a quart of cookies 'n' creme at the grocery this week. My go-to B&J's flavors, when I feel like shelling out for them, are Pistachio Pistachio and Coffee Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »

I am the opposite!
  • fstrickl

I am the opposite!

Tbh: I’ll eat any kind of raw cookie dough #risktaker (I KNOW hashtags don’t work here)
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member

I am the opposite!

Tbh: I’ll eat any kind of raw cookie dough #risktaker (I KNOW hashtags don’t work here)

Just toast your flour and you're free to eat as much raw cookie dough as your little heart desires. If you're buying eggs at a national chain grocery store they are probably pasteurized and safe to eat raw if you wanted to; it's the flour that harbors the potentially-nasty microorganisms.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I've done the frozen banana ice cream. It's OK, it's good if you like bananas. The impressive part is mostly how it takes on a soft-serve/Frosty texture, I would not have guessed that's what frozen bananas do when you blend them up but I suppose it makes sense.

I have a great frozen dessert maker that turns frozen fruit into soft-serve. I love it and have pretty much given up buying regular ice cream altogether.

• fstrickl

I am the opposite!

Just toast your flour and you're free to eat as much raw cookie dough as your little heart desires. If you're buying eggs at a national chain grocery store they are probably pasteurized and safe to eat raw if you wanted to; it's the flour that harbors the potentially-nasty microorganisms.

Not going to lie I have baked and microwaves flour before to just have cookie dough. I mean how long have folks been eating raw dough/batter for and I’ve never heard of anyone getting sick. (No one answer if they have gotten sick from raw dough/batter 😬😛).

I think I know what is for supper tonight...
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Kroger has this wild blueberry waffle cone ice cream I freaking LOVE.

I think it's... 280 calories per serving?