Newbie milk question

Options
rosietodd77
rosietodd77 Posts: 3 Member
Hi im going to try to change to almond milk on my cereal do I go for sweetnened or unsweetened I do normally have sugar on my weetabix 🤭

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Do you like almond milk or have a dairy allergy or intolerance?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    My almond milk brings all the girls to the yard.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    🤣oh ew 🤣🤣🤣
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I would get unsweetened. IME sweetened almond milk tastes awful, but it has also been probably 15 years since I had it, maybe they've made it less gross since then.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    As an almond milk drinker, I'd recommend unsweetened, then sweeten on your own. I find the sweetened almond milk to be TOO sweet and artificial tasting.

But that's all personal preference
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    🤣oh ew 🤣🤣🤣

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47ll4bcc0t9wpjyv66sbksa3f8kgb6uypbk4x5hqj6&rid=200.gif
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened. I actually like to mix almond milk and oat milk for the most real milk flavor.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    yeah.... unsweetened here too.

I might add some fruit to the mix for flavor and sweetness.
  • rosietodd77
    rosietodd77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you no allergies just thought it might ne healthier 🙂
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    It’s probably lower in calories, but not necessarily healthier. It depends on your individual needs. 🙂
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Oat milk ftw.
  • chantellezxc
    chantellezxc Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I quit drinking milk after moving to the US they ultrapasturize most so it’s weird and bitter even if you buy organic grass fed. My favorite for cereal is macadamia milk but I did have to switch to green tea because nothing worked for me with tea, soy is the popular choice though. I always get unsweetened.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Depending on what your definition of "healthier" is...almond milk has almost identical nutrition to skim milk...with skim milk getting the edge on protein and almond milk getting the edge in Vitamin D. Almond milk is essentially a synthetic product made to resemble skim milk. I personally think both of them taste awful. My preference for both taste and nutritional profile is 2% dairy milk. For non-dairy, my preference for both taste and nutritional profile is oat milk.
  • Emheia
    Emheia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What do you like? I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I find the vanilla flavor makes it taste kind of like real milk, and whatever I'm using milk for usually has it's own sweetener already. I've never missed the extra sugar.
    Other milks, and especially real milk have more nutrients, but I like almond milk for the low calorie content.