P90X Next round - P90X classic, P90X doubles, P90X lean or P

Options
Ok, Just started my last phase of P90X yesterday and and so far down from 30% body fat to 21.5%... My workout partner and I are thinking of doing the P90X classic all over again.. But I was wondering, should I change it up? Has anyone out there have done either P90X doubles, P90X lean or P90X+? Trying to shred it up and add muscle of course! for the second time around!!!

What has you experince been with P90X doubles, P90X lean or P90X+?

Was it better than P90X classic?

Replies

• robm007
    robm007 Posts: 35
    Options
    Ok, Just started my last phase of P90X yesterday and and so far down from 30% body fat to 21.5%... My workout partner and I are thinking of doing the P90X classic all over again.. But I was wondering, should I change it up? Has anyone out there have done either P90X doubles, P90X lean or P90X+? Trying to shred it up and add muscle of course! for the second time around!!!

What has you experince been with P90X doubles, P90X lean or P90X+?

Was it better than P90X classic?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Rob! I've done them all!! I really prefer the Classic with occasional doubles (running) thrown in. The Doubles plan for P90X is using CardioX as your *extra* workout. If you feel like you need more, you can try running, biking, swimming, etc. That's what I have done while tri-training.

And awesome on the body fat dropping!!! :bigsmile:
  • robm007
    Options
    I see how I can benfit from the classic and adding doubles here and there.. what about adding the muscle? As a guy, I of course want the broad shoulders, biceps etc..
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 8 of P90X Classic/Doubles. I switched over to Doubles after week 4.

So far, I'm down about 25 lbs and 20% bodyfat. I plan on going through it another 90 days and then going back to heavier weights but integrating P90X principles.
  • robm007
    Options
    I have decided that for my second round.. I will doing one week classic+ and lean+ on the next for the entire 3 month's... Loving the results!!! Thanks Jess for all your help thus far!

Determined for that P90X body!!! It will be mine!!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good luck on whatever you choose. I hope to have good results like yours at the end of my 90days. I already bought the + dvd's for my next round.
  • robm007
    Options
    Did you just get the p90x dvd's or did you get the p90x+ dvd's?

I just watched thet Ab core +.... oh boy, I'm in for a treat on that one!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have both now.
  • afmedic
    afmedic Posts: 1
    Options
    hey everyone, i'm new to my fitness pal and i'm on week 2 day 5 of p90x classic. Tonight I have legs & Back and ab ripper x. I have only lost 2 pounds so far and wanted to know what else i can do to drop the weight faster. On the upper hand, i do feel more toned and strong. Well I just wanted to say hello to everyone and my name is Ashley.
  • robm007
    Options
    Give it time.. And it's good to have someone like Jess (P90X coach) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jessmomof3 to help you out on any questions you may have! I know that patience and consistency along with a good diet is key!!! (at least for me)..

Also, no jumping on the scale everyday! That drove me nuts!!!
  • robm007
    Options
    RachVR6 - where are you in the program? how far into it?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I have decided that for my second round.. I will doing one week classic+ and lean+ on the next for the entire 3 month's... Loving the results!!! Thanks Jess for all your help thus far!

Determined for that P90X body!!! It will be mine!!!!

You are doing awesome! You are going to definitely see the P90X results, Rob! :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    The exercise is awesome-it's my eating, but I'm on a 3 day good stretch though. I need some more results... Cardio and strength training is great, but I still have high body fat. Gonna do it this time. Right Jes?:blushing: :drinker: