Options
I’m Stacy, and am hoping this app gives me a better sense of what I’m eating and drinking, and holds me accountable. Wine is my downfall! 🤣

Replies

• AstraL12
    AstraL12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacy wishing you all the best on here!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Set small goals. Learn some of the tools that will help guide your process (logging, food scales, etc.). Be consistent. Don't beat yourself up. Be kind to yourself.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Hi, Stacy. Welcome to MFP.

I'm going to make an odd suggestion I haven't made before to a newbie. I was going to comment about "an app not being able to hold you accountable, you do that, yada yada", but then it hit me. I am an absolute Apple Watch and iPhone addict, and yes, they do hold me accountable. I respond really well to reminders, and closing rings, and silly little electronic "medals" and the like.

I suspect you may be like me, the way you worded your comment.

I sincerely believe that weighing accurately (in metric) and honestly is the key to losing weight. But you might also find a fitness tracker to be really motivating. You can find good ones used, really cheap, or if you have blow money, my Apple Watch has been worth every penny and more to me. And there's every price range in between.

Syncing a tracker to MFP, and learning to trust where it's accurate (and where it might not be), can be motivating, informative, educational, occasionally jaw dropping.

Anyway, welcome to the group, hope to see you around on the forums, and eventually find you over on "Success Stories".