New to MFP

Options
Hi, not sure if anyone can offer advice. My weight for the past 2 weeks has not dropped although i am keeping well within my calorie allowance. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AstraL12
    AstraL12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What's your physical routine like at the moment? Have you tried adding extra exercise? X
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Patience. Two weeks is still quite short as a timeframe and weight loss is not linear.

If you've added exercise to your routine, water retention might be hiding fat loss on the scale.

It also can't hurt to check that you are logging your food correctly. Are you weighing everything and making sure you are choosing correct food database entries?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Seconding @Lietchi, they know what they're talking about.

If you have a menstrual cycle, those hormones can also cause water weight fluctuation that can mask fat loss, so take that into account as well.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Thirding @Lietchi

Weighing accurately and logging honestly are the key.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

For me, making the switch from cups and teaspoons to metric was a gamechanger. It's so easy to look at a cup of flour or tablespoon of peanut butter and think, "OK, I'll log this", when if properly weighed in metric, it can easily be 25-50% more.

It's also way easier to do the math once you get familiar with the metric. You can easily convert to half or quarter in your head when you're entering it on MFP. The scale truly becomes your friend and ally.

My daughter is apprenticing as an electrician in Europe, and is having to take math classes to learn to convert everything: length, weight, oompawattjewels or some such nonsense. It drove her nuts at first but now she's saying she can't believe the US hasn't switched. Sadly, I now agree.