Hello out there

Options
:smile: Hi there, I'm a newbie to this site too and could do with a bit of help. I've been logging my food and exercise for a few days now but would like to get a bit more out of the site, so what do I do next? I see some people are already involved in challenges for September, is it too late for me to join one of these or do I wait until something new starts for October? Also I'm struggling to keep to the 1200 calories I've been set, just can't seem to avoid those naughty snacks and so tend to go over by 300-400 calories per day - any tips?

Replies

• kimberlykinnard
    Options
    I will have a sweet tooth for life I swear, but I have found that sugar free cookies and pudding are actually pretty good. I would invest in trying out different sugar free type foods and see how they do your taste buds.

Good luck good luck good luck..

We are all here for you! :)
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the 1200 calories. They can be a bit difficult to deal with. I've been replacing one meal a day with a large glass of Chocolate milk, it's cheaper and is comparable to Slim Fast and Ensure calories and everything else wise, but you're only really missing carbohydrates which you only really need if you're running or doing something similar. Another good thing is to snack on ice chips if you just want something to munch on, or a piece of sugar free gum. Not sure about the challenges being too late or not. I joined the Harry Potter fitness challenge, and may join the Twilight one. Not sure yet though. Feel free to add me. You can do anything you set your mind too!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply. What are the Harry Potter and Twilight challenges? I am intrigued. I don't think I'm getting the full potential of this site, where do you find out about these?
  • kcwonder
    kcwonder Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Two snacks I have become accustomed to eating usually after dinner.

Low fat cottage cheese and one fruit (peach or granny smith apple)

or

Plain greek yogurt and one fruit (granny smith apple)

I also snack on pistachios or almonds, but those calories tend to add up if I don't watch my serving size and snacking frequency.

I only recently discovered plain greek yogurt. Although I had to get used to the taste at first, I found eating plain greek yogurt with a piece of fruit made it really tasty. I always feel full after having a serving. Great snack food.
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi, good idea I will look out for some sugar-free alternates. Trouble is I buy the good stuff for my girls, I will have to hide them from myself. Nice pic by the way, you don't look like you need to lose any weight.
  • ladysandy
    Options
    HI, I have to eat 1200 cal. also which was very hard for me also at the beginning... I suggest you burn some calories so that will give you extra to eat! Try to drink LOTS of water ... atleast 64oz... sign up at your local Gym, you'll see that working out for 30mins. or even 60mins. a day you can burn between 300 to 600 calories...
    I take Zumba classes two nights a week and I lose 600+ cal. doing that for 60mins.
    Do the 30Day Shred from Jilianne Micheal!
    Good luck and email me if you need help!