Sudden weight gain- help!

Hey all

I have gained almost 10 lbs in just a month. I’ve been adhering to a pretty strict calorie deficit but I’m starting to crave sugar and snacking. I adhere to my calorie deficit but my workouts are starting to feel much more difficult and I’m packing on weight with very little energy. How can I reverse this quickly??

Replies

• hinman2011
    hinman2011 Posts: 2 Member
    you may be too "restrictive" in your calories, you are building muscle which is much more dense than fat and even though it takes up less space you could be packing on a lot more muscle therefore weighing more. however, you may not be eating enough to be feeding that muscle and as we know when you starve your body you will hang on to all those calories and not use them as efficiently. You also need to allow yourself a "refeed" day every now and then. this is general info as I do not know what your nutrition is like or your workouts, Or your water intake....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,589 Member
    edited February 2021
    If you're eating at a major deficit and gaining weight, go see a doctor for blood work and a discussion of medical issues that can result in sudden unexplained weight gain. While waiting for your appointment eat normally without trying to create a deficit. Please note I am responding to the op in this thread in isolation. I have not read or have read but cannot recall right now any of your other threads