How do log zumba?

Options
I am starting a zumba class soon, but it is not in the database. How would you log that? I am leaning toward high impact aerobics. Anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• vixxy83
    Options
    ive just started the Wii Zumba so ive just put Zumba n how many mins n cals burnt :happy:
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have wii zumba, mine doesn't say how many calories burnt, is that in the settings then?! X
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this too; I'm starting zumba tomorrow! Also quite surprised to see that zumba isn't in the database anyway, I thought it would be quite popular!
  • laz22girl
    Options
    I'd do low-med impact.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'd do low-med impact.

thanks
  • jek002
    jek002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I log it under "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist"... I don't have a heart rate monitor or anything, so I'm not sure if that's right, but that's what I use lol.
  • GurleyGirl524
    Options
    I log it under "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist"... I don't have a heart rate monitor or anything, so I'm not sure if that's right, but that's what I use lol.

thanks
  • JessicaHerleXO
    JessicaHerleXO Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes! Same here, I went to a Zumba class the other day and when I went to log it I too was totally shocked when I saw it wasn't in there! I heard it burns about 600-1000 per hour depending on the "high/low impact". Maybe we should try to add it to the database? Not sure how but it would sure be helpful!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Click on Exercise, then click on database. Put it down as Dancing, Fast and then it will ask you how much you weight and how long. It will give you how many calories.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

I log all my dancing, be it at a club, on the Wii, or whatever as this. It seems like a good way to go.
  • GurleyGirl524
    Options
    Click on Exercise, then click on database. Put it down as Dancing, Fast and then it will ask you how much you weight and how long. It will give you how many calories.

sounds good, thanks
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how accurate this is, but I found this: http://www.zumbacalories.com/