muffins

Options
Leslie4834
Leslie4834 Posts: 111 Member
Hello, I have a quick question. I love muffins oh man they are so yummy. Ok does any body that have some healthy versions of muffins I'm not picky with a kind or a flavor. I just need some healthier version of them. If any body know some recipes they would like to share or know some names of them that you be greatly appreciate thank you.

Replies

• oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love these, at the end they have about 120 cals apiece for a normal size muffin, and they actually taste pretty good. They also are whole grain and no sugar added :) I have also added protein powder to them, they still taste good.
    Blueberry-Bannana whole wheat muffins
    2 egg whites, lightly beaten
    ¾ tsp vanilla
    ¾ tsp (ish) cinnamon
    2 mashed ripe bananas
    ¾ c skim milk
    3/4 tsp salt
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
    ¼ c splenda
    3 ¼ tsp baking powder
    2 c whole wheat flour
    3 c blueberries (or so, I eyeball it)

Preheat oven to 400° mix all ingredients in order listed (you can use the blender until you add the flour) and once flour is added mix as little as possible to form uniform batter. Fold in blueberries last. Portion into greased muffin tins and bake 17-20 min or until golden brown
    Makes 12 big muffins or can be made into smaller muffins…
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think you can take almost any muffin recipe and do the following:
    1. Use Egg Beaters to replace eggs
    2. Use Splenda baking sugar to replace sugar
    3. Use unsweetened/natural applesauce to replace the oil (or what I just did, 2/3 applesauce, 1/3 coconut oil)

With those three replacements, you can make almost any muffin to be about 100 calories each. I just made zucchini muffins, did the above, added chopped dates, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, almonds, and crushed pineapple, and they came out to 100 calories per muffin. My husband just ate four of them. I kept myself at one.

I still haven't figured out how to replace the flour when you do the above, but I may try almond flour sometime. It may reduce the carbs, but probably not the calories.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Bump. Those blueberry muffins sound good :smile:
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    ummm, bump!