Looking for a few friends who are motivated and on a similar path as me!

Options
Currently I’m friends with just a few family members on here, and none of them are actually... active... and logging their meals and exercise. Everyone in my family just logs one day, then goes away for two weeks, then logs two days, then vanishes for a month. It’s kind of disheartening tbh. I don’t want a ton of friends on MFP, just one or two people to cheer on and to cheer me on.

So hi! I’m Kristen, 33 years old, have currently lost almost 30 pounds (woohoo) and am trying to lose around 15-20 more and then likely maintain, depending on how I feel then. I log my calories every day. I sometimes exercise (not enough lol... maybe you can inspire me.)

Anyway I’m looking for a few people who are truly committed to making progress and who want to help fill my MFP newsfeed up a little so it’s not the sad place it is right now. It’s not at all about how much you have to lose, I just want to see other people who are also progressing. (So... sorry, maintainers, I’m not ready to be friends with you yet haha.) I want people who are dedicated and know they are going to stick to their goals. Thanks, and much love and success to everyone on here!! <3

Replies

• Jillian_ah
    Jillian_ah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristen! I’ve logged on for 20+ days and have no plans of stopping. I can’t see myself ever going back!

I lost 15 pounds and I’m a mom of 2!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't log regularly at all--food nor exercise, but I do try to post encouraging tidbits regularly and try to make specific comments on posts and such. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi! 50 day ‘streak’ here, I log all meals every day - and exercise when I do it (which I need to make more time for during the week!), and I have an open diary (I love getting ideas from other people’s diaries, hope others do the same). I also read a lot on these Community pages :)

I am halfway to goal but still have another 14-15lb to lose, and then I need to do a better job of maintaining this time round.

I’m not interested in ‘collecting’ friends (I have zero interest in that particular MFP metric), but I would also like to find people who want real accountability... I will notice if you don’t log for days, or if you log 3,561 exercise calories for ‘a brisk walk’, or if you don’t eat ANY fruit or vegetables. I’ll cheer your successes, and I’ll listen and sympathise if you need to complain. If this sounds good, add me...
  • Izactoknife
    Izactoknife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm currently looking for people to fill up my news feed too. I log food daily and I also been weighing in daily. My goal currently is to lose weight.

So yea.... any adds are welcomed (: