Hi :) I'm new.

Options
Hi! My name is Ericka! I'm 25 years old, a student, and I have a full time job. Did I mention I'm overweight and want to take my life back?

I have had problems with my weight most of my life. A few years back I lost 60 pounds and was the happiest I had ever been. Unfortunately, I didn't lose those 60 pounds in a healthy way and I gained the majority of it back.

I want to prove to myself that I can lose the weight and keep it off again. It isn't just about a number though. I want to be healthy, be able to hike, and feel confident in myself.

I hope you'll go along on this journey with me. :)

Replies

• IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great way to focus on your diet, get and stay motivated, and meet some good people.

Be persistent and stay consistent and you'll do great!
  • f1tjo10
    f1tjo10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ericka! Congrats on fixing your mind on such positive lifestyle & goals!
    The only one worthy to compete with is ourselves! So I want to cheer you on to be a better Ericka today than yesterday's Ericka!
    Idea: before closing your dairy each day, add a note of something your proud of being better than the day before...even if it's not health related like "I didn't snap at my co worker today" or " I pushed myself to meet my deadline earlier than expected"
    You can have as much daily selfie compliments as you like- NEW SELFIE INVENTED!!! B)
    LOVING & being kind to yourself is a key ingredient to take care of your mind & body!
    I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!
  • f1tjo10
    f1tjo10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Unfortunately, I didn't lose those 60 pounds in a healthy way and I gained the majority of it back."

ITS THE GETTING BACK UP TO FIGHT BACK PART THAT COUNTS WELL DONE!
  • elizabethpartridge33
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me. SAH mom of 3. Needing to lose atleast 20lbs. Already lost 18.