Greek yogurt

Options
what is the difference in Greek yogurt and regular yogurt?
I keep see that it is mentions on the boards.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has A LOT of protein!!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Protein is higher in greek yoghurt, if you want to go better then have a look into cottage cheese...I sometimes blend cottage cheese with pineapple pieces...
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    The consistency is another big factor. Greek yogurt is much thicker than regular yogurt. My favorite is the non fat Fage brand with the pomegranate cherry fruit that you mix in with it. Yum.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It's more expensive but worth it.
  • gfergus1
    Options
    Naturally high protein, low fat or fat free, and the plain/unflavored kind is usually relatively unprocessed so it's much better for you than other kinds of yogurt that have a lot of sugar.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    It's thicker, kinda like sour cream consistency and has a bit of a bite to it. I get the Fage plain and add in (not all at once) honey, granola, nuts, fruit and sometimes use it as a dip for my veggies. Better protein.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It is tarter (is that a word??), thicker, and higher in protein.

I love greek yogurt with some slivered almond, dried cranberries, and a drizzle of honey on it. To me it is a dessert!

I also make yogurt cheese from it! So good on a baked potato!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Basically it is how it is made...yogurt contains the solid casein and they liquide whey...greek yogurt is strained more in processing the liquid whey is removed. So it is thicker!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say Greek Yoghurt is an "acquired taste". I bought it for the first time the other day, and I love it. I've had it before, in wraps etc, without knowing what it was.

I've taken it to work today to dip carrots in. I put it in a blueberry smoothie on Saturday.