New here

Hi everyone, I’m newish here (used fitness pal a while ago)
I have two young children and I am a full time
Nurse,
I have been on and off SlimmingWorld for years and it’s not working for me so I’m looking at calorie counting.
I have 3 stone to loose.
I cook my meals from scratch so I think it may be time consuming at first putting them all in.
Feel free to add, I need all the help I can get :)
I like gin at the weekend which doesn’t help and I get the munchies 😆😆

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,939 Member
    Welcome!

Two parts GOOD gin, one part GOOD vermouth, in a shaker, add ice, swirl gently one hundred times, strain into a glass with two olives on a toothpick. Yep. Sounds good.

But that's 200 calories that need to be accounted for. And if you snack while you have it.....

I think you'll find that MFP is a great tool to use to track and achieve your goals. What strategies are you employing to reach your long term three stone goal, and what intermediate goals are you setting for yourself to assure your success?
  • gracesmith4824
    gracesmith4824 Posts: 3 Member
    That sounds good!!!
    Planning a weekly meal plan is my aim this week, and going week my week to start, also trying to get my head around foods that are filling but won’t cost too many calories. I have a fit bit so I’m going to dig that back out and start monitoring my steps etc x
  • gsaprofile
    gsaprofile Posts: 4 Member
    Hi..welcome..l also came back.. trying Vegan diet..got Very good results.. previously whenever l lost weight put it back quickly..so trying this time to be more conscious...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Welcome! Once those recipes are in, you seldom have to e-renter them, and you can go in an edit them as needed.

The important thing is to enter the ingredients accurately the first time. Make sure the entries you select are correct by comparing them to the container. Even scanning the bar code can yield some inaccurate items since most info is crowd sourced.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • gracesmith4824
    gracesmith4824 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for the tips :) xxx